Engine code 65551

• Disconnected all three connectors to the ECM and left them off overnight, nada. Disconnected battery and left it over night, nada. Flashed the negative cable to the positive cable, nada. Starting to think it is a hard code and only a dealer can clear it. Has anybody seen the backside of the instrument panel? Can the light be disconnected? The Saga continues.Real nice of Polaris to create a problem only a dealer can clear.

Feds ruled that all post 1996 cars, vans, mini vans, SUV's, trucks up to a certain weight rating be OBDII compliant. I guess because they did not name motorcycles or autocycles (an unknown term at the time) to also be compliant Polaris did not feel the need make the Slingshot OBDII compliant. However, the Slingshot does have a Ecotec engine that is made and supplied to Polaris by GM. Would that make Polaris OBDII compliance of the Slingshot required? Wheres our attorneys? Just pissin in the wind.

good info here

http://lobby.la.psu.edu/_107th…ize%20vehicle%20emissions.

LC

• Got this code earlier this week and may have found a good way to save some time on replacement- With the front end up on jack stands, I was able to get a fairly straight shot to the 13mm bolt using 1/4 inch extensions and a wobble socket. With the battery disconnected you can approach it pretty much straight on under the steering shaft and work to line it up using the covered wiring bundles to help hold some tension on the socket extensions. With the bolt backed out, I was able to grab the harness from underneath just forward of the starter and disconnect. For me, the AC Delco part number worked perfectly and doing the reverse to feed it back up over the starter was a good pre position. The next part was like putting ship together in a bottle but it worked. Using a telescoping magnet, I was able to grab the bolt and pull it over to line it up and then use the extensions with wobble socket to start the threads. It still took a computer hook up to clear the code but it has remained clear. Different approach to this but hope it saves someone some time.

• Odd thing happened last night coming home from a meeting. Flipped on the high beams and saw the blue indicator light and noticed the check engine light was not lit up. Rode today and no check engine light for entire ride. I have no idea what happened except that the light is out. Maybe my poltergeist fixed it for me, she is so nice to me.

LC