Did your State reclassify your Slingshot?

• If you live in a State that reclassified your Slingshot from a motorcycle to an autocycle I would love it if you could answer some questions just to satisfy my curiosity.

I would like to know if they changed what it is called on your registration to autocycle. I would also like to know if they changed the type of plate that hangs on the back and if you have the title does it say motorcycle or did they send you a new one that says autocycle

and finally did the change have any impact on your insurance?

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Tennessee reclassified it to an auto cycle. Registration still says motorcycle. Farm Bureau Insurance calls it a touring motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• In MN everything stayed the same except you don't need the endorsement for the sling, insurance did change as far as the internal classifications but price is the same, so basically no change for us.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Pennsylvania now calls it an autocycle, still registered as a motorcycle, no change for insurance. The only change is no longer needing a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• Pennsylvania now calls it an autocycle, still registered as a motorcycle, no change for insurance. The only change is no longer needing a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

Fortunately in California the motorcycle endorsement has only been required for 2 wheeled motorcycles so no changes were needed to accommodate the Spyder or Slingshot or any other trikes as they never needed anything more than a standard drivers license

• Illinois issues an Autocycle plate and it is right in between a MC and Auto as far as price is concerned. Just another way the most corrupt state in the union squeezes a few more dollars out of us...

4 Wheels move the body, 3 Wheels move the soul!

• Allegedly some states are issuing an "autocycle" plate which is priced like cars instead of the ~$17 that a MC plate cost.

Illinois issues an Autocycle plate and it is right in between a MC and Auto as far as price is concerned. Just another way the most corrupt state in the union squeezes a few more dollars out of us...

So you have to mechanically alter your vehicle, just to get the plate to fit? Yeah, I see that happening real quick. Fuck 'em.

• Why would conversion to autocycle change the license plate?

Allegedly some states are issuing an "autocycle" plate which is priced like cars instead of the ~$17 that a MC plate cost.

I did see a picture of a slingshot that had a full size plate like normally is on a car - I thought I saw it on this forum, but could be wrong

• Autocycle here in Indiana. All motorcycle laws apply, except you don't need the motorcycle endorsement on they license and you are required to wear seat belts. It is titled and registered as a motorcycle..... I don't think that can or will change unless there is some federal guidelines that are established. The manufacturer is the one that releases the VIN, and the classification. If Polaris calls it a motorcycle, and it meets the federal guidelines for a motorcycle, then a motorcycle it will remain to be. Insurance wise, it's cheaper than my 2012 Harley (just under $300 a year for full coverage). Plates in my state are based on a plate fee, wheel tax, and value of vehicle. Plates are rather high here.....