Headed to I-22 dragstrip for some 1/8 mile action...

• Allison and I took the slingshot on a trip today. It was 104 degrees. That means that allison's side was 150 degrees. I got my butt back home fast and took me a nap.

I got up and decided to go play tonight on a full concrete 1/8th mile strip. But it has to cool off. It's so hot here in Alabama.....

I bear hugged the Mickey Thompson tire back on the rim so I should be able to hook up right at the end of the 1/8th mile.... :D

• First I don't know if everyone knows this or not. I am limited to around 9 to 10 psi of boost without my boost controller hooked up. It puts down some great power with that much boost so I haven't been in a hurry to plug back in the boost controller. After this weekend at the drag strip I found out that it is doing pretty good with the amount of boost it has. And I found out some other info that will be pretty good news for you Rotrex owners.

@Ghost showed up with his DDMWorks Supercharged SS. He has the smaller blower pulley putting out around 10 to 11psi of boost. He also has the lighter flywheel and the steel puck clutch disk as well. Basically he is running the big boy Supercharger package.

When he got there I didn't tell him that I was running only wastegate boost pressure. So when we lined up for the second time I pulled ahead by a very small margin. The only problem was i was hitting my rev limiter right as it was shifting. i figured out that I had set my WOT tables on the transmission to high so I went back and adjusted them. After the next run I seem to be a little better but @Ghost was figuring out how to launch his better each time he made a pass. I don't think I could have beat him if we had run one more time because he was gaining time each pass we made. I think we both could have went into the 7's if we had made another pass or two. But the cool thing that we learned was the blower and turbo were damn near the same exact times.

I use the Innovate boost controller gauge and it holds the peak boost during the last time it was started before you turn the key off. I mashed the button and pulled it up on the screen and @Ghost took a look at it ... It was peaked at 9.9 PSI

So you supercharger guys should be all happy with this because now we have ran mine (which we know is 9.9 PSI) beside the Rotrex and they were so close it would be down to the driver and to the launch who would win.

NOW all you supercharger owners don't go getting too big headed with these findings. I am going to DDM in a few weeks to hook my boost controller up and bump her back up to 16 to 18 psi. And y'all know why...... Cause I can..... :D

• Dont know... I had someone else ask me about those slips. I didnt know what he was talking about but you kinda said the same thing.

I know when i had 15.9 psi I was able to pull a 11.95 1/4 mile (which I thought was slow). But I have not ran a 1/4 since we swapped out the turbo.

And that would make sense also , because that would put me at 7.6 in the 1/8th which i guess would be possible with that much boost. I will find out in the next few weeks once Dave opens me back up and tunes it on the dyno for the extra boost. I wont leave y'all hanging.....

What I find interesting is how speed and time and distance are all mathematically related. And how each PSI gives pretty much an exact HP gain. And you can pretty much (given the driver and all the launches being similar) determine what you should be running in the 1/8 and the 1/4

• Dont know... I had someone else ask me about those slips. I didnt know what he was talking about but you kinda said the same thing.

I know when i had 15.9 psi I was able to pull a 11.95 1/4 mile (which I thought was slow). But I have not ran a 1/4 since we swapped out the turbo.

And that would make sense also , because that would put me at 7.6 in the 1/8th which i guess would be possible with that much boost. I will find out in the next few weeks once Dave opens me back up and tunes it on the dyno for the extra boost. I wont leave y'all hanging.....

11.95 is decent...but I assume traction issues were a big deal? You happen to remember what the trap speed was for the 11.95?

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I would be telling a story if I said.... There may be some time slips posted on here somewhere.

One other thing that I found even if I could not get mine to go into 4th was how much more power was needed to gain speed after I reached about 115 to 120 mph. I'm looking at boost at near 15psi and AFR of somewhere around 10.9 and he speed is climbing like its in molasses.

• One other thing I noticed on mine was the belt popping over a few of the teeth once it come up on boost. It wasn't a factor I'm sure because it was just a few pops at full torque in 2nd gear. I just cant bring myself to tighten it. It only does it with a drag slick on back at a track with VHT on the surface. So I cant justify tightening it. Im still on my factory swingarm and my original bearings. I haven't even had my recall done.

• It's always kind of confused me how the slingshot isn't faster...other than the traction issue. 11 second 1/4 miles should be pretty normal for a turbo slingshot. Seems like most haven't really gone deep in to the 12 second area. I want to get to the track so I can see what mine does up here at 6K feet above sea level.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• @Ghost was about to figure out the clutch and his launch. i was glad the track was closing because the next run would have been the one where he dropped into the 7's

I have to say staging a true stick shift was harder than I remember it being back when I was a teenager. I was also caught totally off guard by how well the T1r worked on the starting line. My first attempt at a pass was UGLY to say the very least. I do believe that one or both of us would have made it into the 7's had we made more passes.

We didn't break any records but we had a great time and learned a few things. I think this kinda sets a base line for expected performance from our SS's with nothing but a SC kit and stock wheels and tires. It will be fun to see you guys lower the E.T.'s and push up the speeds. Just make sure if you ever go up against @rabtech make'm unhook the controller and you might stay close. LOL

Comparing some notes between this and what I normally race,

My normal 60' times are 1.15 to 1.18 regardless of length of track.

My normal 1/8mi times run from 4.90's to 5.20 (5.10 is my index for 1/8mi)

My normal 1/8mi speeds run 130 mph to 135 mph.

My normal 1/4 mi times run from 7.90's to 8.20's (8.20 is my index for 1/4 mi)

My normal 1/4 mi speeds run from 155mph to 165mph.

The 2 wheeler is much easier to launch. All you have to do is get a real good grip, aim it at the finish line, hold it wide open, ease it into the light and when the light changes just let go of the little red button. The electronics and centrifugal clutch take care of the rest. :thumbup:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Here was the record at some point, and may actually still be because not many people are taking them to the drag strip and many tracks wont allow them to run.

Stock Motor
    Alpha Turbo Kit
    Flex Fuel
    Boost probably around 12-14lbs (don't remember honestly)
    Auto Swap
    MT Drag Radial

Too bad that beautiful Subaru ;) noise drowned out the Slingshot bad. He went 11.2 in the video with big front wheels and fenders.

Not sure if anybody has gone into the 10s, but a close to 400hp auto Slingshot with a drag radial should...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D