Info on two deleted threads that had advertisements in them.

• It all boils down to customer service, we all remember the slingshot info from the past when if you asked them a question Slingshot Jimmy orNoel himself would answer and solve the problem within 24hrs.

When there was a problem they would step in just like sling mods and take care of the customer.

The new slingshot only operates under the model that it is a privilege for us customers to buy from them and therefore we should just shut up and take whatever they give us regardless of what we payed for.....

Also let's stop this train of thought that we have to be grateful to him for investing in the Slingshot market, he is in it to make money so unless these business are a non profit, it is insulting to call them hobbies or to use Hobby as an excuse for poor customer service.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• This is what was supposed to happen, back in 2014 when no one had slings yet, all we had was each other and became family online. TDS was hopping and we all decided to have a meet-n-greet in Maggie to solidify our family and slings. It was all about friends getting together and having fun.Ivors quickly picked up on this and started the motion to be a paid event and take over making the rules and charging vendor fees, setting up motels and making it into a business for himself, rather than our group of friends to get together and keep the price down. This year was close to $100 for entry for a couple and all the fees at each event are going up. If it weren't for TDS, Ivors first event would have never got off the ground since no one was posting on his forum and he used TDS to set it all up.
    We need to start our own events, only charge to cover any set-up costs, let vendors come free (contribute to fairgrounds rent) and make money, have on site mechanic from a local dealer, set up rides and have a tent large enough for all to gather in the evening like the parking lot of the first years event.
    We have enough good people on this forum that can each take a part in setting this up and spread the work out use their expertise to help, like @STYLN could sell shirts at a decent price, @rabtech can promote the events on this sight and he has the cheerleading abilities to make it happen. I am sure many of us would take a part to make this happen and put the magic back into the events.
    I don't think it will ever be good to have a single vendor running the events, especially in a for profit standing. I have made friends with many vendors here, been given GREAT treatment by most of them. I have so many friends from these forums and I've driven many miles to meet and ride with many of you guys I call family now.

Greg
    You are really on to what this family has been about.
    The event you describe has existed in the past, it was Eureka Springs, where a very small amount was charged to the vendors and the fee was almost non existant. Now that the event was bought my Ivor and then bundled and sold to Slingshotonly, that atmosphere is changing. The cost of the event has increased and the vendor support will be down this year. I was also told they are already thinking about moving it to Branson or Rogers next year for reasons I don't believe is appropriate to post in today's age.
    For those of you going to the Rockies this year, you better enjoy it because it will probably be the last.
    As a forum we should look at doing our own events that are built around the people and not the profit, following the same idea that created this forum. Only charge the vendors enough to keep the prices down for the event. I am talking a couple of hundred, not a couple of thousand. I believe this is the idea coming forward from one of our current stellar vendors. We could have vendor areas and a member wrench tent that could be used to help others out.
    If the gathering is moved away from ES, I will lead an effort to create a peoples event there. I am pretty sure @dangerdarrell will have my back on this.

• I’m game for more local stuff... and will help organize when needed to (ya’ll know I’m more about the people and riding than I am all the hub-bub of structured/commercial events) ~> make no mistake, YOU ALL are why we even go to these gatherings in the first place.

I’m just going to throw this out there: “Slingshot Luncheon”, “Murphy Memorial’s Day Ride”, “Christmas in Cowpens”, “The Mega Super Giant Mighty Moo Stampede”, “Slingshots Uncorked”, “Bues and Blues”, etc... etc... ALL THE ABOVE are why our SSI family rocks. I could easily miss SSITS and not even bat an eyelash, BUT would feel big-time depressed if I couldn’t go to our smaller gatherings.

So yeah, count me in for event planning... LETS DO IT! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• GregYou are really on to what this family has been about.
    The event you describe has existed in the past, it was Eureka Springs, where a very small amount was charged to the vendors and the fee was almost non existant. Now that the event was bought my Ivor and then bundled and sold to Slingshotonly, that atmosphere is changing. The cost of the event has increased and the vendor support will be down this year. I was also told they are already thinking about moving it to Branson or Rogers next year for reasons I don't believe is appropriate to post in today's age.
    For those of you going to the Rockies this year, you better enjoy it because it will probably be the last.
    As a forum we should look at doing our own events that are built around the people and not the profit, following the same idea that created this forum. Only charge the vendors enough to keep the prices down for the event. I am talking a couple of hundred, not a couple of thousand. I believe this is the idea coming forward from one of our current stellar vendors. We could have vendor areas and a member wrench tent that could be used to help others out.
    If the gathering is moved away from ES, I will lead an effort to create a peoples event there. I am pretty sure @dangerdarrell will have my back on this.

Yes sir! I helped set up the first three Eureka events and we tried to always make it about getting fellow SS owners together for fellowship and fun rides. We also invited vendors so that people could actually see parts that were available and get installs done with pro help and not be taken advantage of by people/companies who tried to treat us as a captive market.
    I would love to get things back to our roots.

• It all boils down to customer service, we all remember the slingshot info from the past when if you asked them a question Slingshot Jimmy orNoel himself would answer and solve the problem within 24hrs.

I really wish that was the case. I was told to deal with Jimmy on an issue when they were going through the transition from Noel to Scott...and I got 0 communication. Over a week of radio silence, 2 emails, 4 phone calls that ended up going directly to voicemail. I even went directly to Jimmy's email because I had it while doing some research on some parts early on. Scott was the one that stepped up and finally reached out to me. He was the one that resolved my issues. Why did it take the CEO of a company to step in and resolve the issue? This I don't know. I have had the luck of meeting his entire team that hits the shows and I can't say a bad thing about any of them. That transition period was a cluster, but to say that Slingshot Only was a better company when it was Noel and Jimmy isn't really fair. I would say it has been exactly the same, with some unfortunate hiccups.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I’m game for more local stuff... and will help organize when needed to (ya’ll know I’m more about the people and riding than I am all the hub-bub of structured/commercial events) ~> make no mistake, YOU ALL are why we even go to these gatherings in the first place.

That's easy for you to say since you already have EVERYTHING anyone could want done to yours :)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

I’m just going to throw this out there: “Slingshot Luncheon”, “Murphy Memorial’s Day Ride”, “Christmas in Cowpens”, “The Mega Super Giant Mighty Moo Stampede”, “Slingshots Uncorked”, “Bues and Blues”, etc... etc... ALL THE ABOVE are why our SSI family rocks. I could easily miss SSITS and not even bat an eyelash, BUT would feel big-time depressed if I couldn’t go to our smaller gatherings.

So yeah, count me in for event planning... LETS DO IT! :thumbup:

If for some chance the Maggie get's boring, we could do another location. Let us say like the Little Switzerland area, it is still in the same area but a bunch of new loops and roads that a lot of us have never been on. It is just North east of Asheville, N.C. even I have not been on rides in that area and I have been going up to the Smokies since the early 70's. Brenda and I had made plans last summer to go and ride in this area but life's events got in the way. So we will be doing this in a few weeks for a 3 or 4 day ride in a few weeks. Anyone interested? @MACAWS

• If for some chance the Maggie get's boring, we could do another location. Let us say like the Little Switzerland area, it is still in the same area but a bunch of new loops and roads that a lot of us have never been on. It is just North east of Asheville, N.C. even I have not been on rides in that area and I have been going up to the Smokies since the early 70's. Brenda and I had made plans last summer to go and ride in this area but life's events got in the way. So we will be doing this in a few weeks for a 3 or 4 day ride in a few weeks. Anyone interested? @MACAWS

were doo we sign up..... I say we need a scouting mission

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I love the idea of events done right. I wanna meet everyone and I want to ride.

Seems lately the bigger events have given up on formal rides as part of event because they fill up so quick and never add any more options.

Thankfully you all have invited us along on your rides so we have been very blessed.

Eureka Springs has been small enough in the past that the formal rides don't fill up in a day or two and the previous organizer did a great job at adding more so folks unfamiliar with the area or late to register could join in.

• I have no issue with Ivor or Scott. I have no issue with our current events. I want to make that perfectly clear. There is good and bad all around and Ivor has done a fantastic job of making the Rallies into the biggest bang for the buck so to speak.

However, IMO, The main issue is like Disney or any other event that becomes too commercialized. This years MV was probably one of the better only because we were allowed to have our "Tail Gate" area that allowed family and I can only see that growing to a point where they charge us to have our tents.

I think a "Family" get together that some vendors may want to show up for is what we are really looking for. We want to talk shop, look at our rides and spend quality time together. If some of the vendors want to come that is just extra. I would still be attending the "events" or at least 1 of them. Maybe..

Just my two cents.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...