Info on two deleted threads that had advertisements in them.

• just sent them a email......

Slingshotonly is now off my list of vendors because you are no longer part of the family that is on Slingshotinfo.com. I fear many others are going to feel the same. If in the future Slingshotonly again becomes a paid vendor I will put you back on my list.

Thanks
    LargeCar

Not sure if it will help or hurt, just had to put it out there. I'll post if I get a reply.

LC

• don't hold your breath on that response. He doesn't care.

• I never tire of saying this... MACAWS EVENTS ~> ARE THE BEST EVENTS!! <3<3<3

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• He might care if enough people did the same, send an email and not buy from him, as I did.

Maybe, but here's the thing. You made it about this forum, which he's departed from. We have a fair number of members, but only a percentage will feel the way you do. He advertises in a lot of other places, including FB and IG. He has his own forum, now that he's bought out Ivor. So, realistically, there is nothing here (and no-one) he can't do without or replace.

FWIW, even if he came back to this forum, it would only be because his planned business model wasn't working and he needed the bump in traffic or revenue, not because of some kind of loyalty.

• I think it's advantageous to do a shotgun approach to advertising. Removing yourself from a site isn't a great idea because a lot of people feel the same way as you @KayTwo. The only reason it wouldn't make sense to keep paying for advertising, is if it wasn't cost effective. I don't know what vendors pay for their exposure on these sites but if they weren't making money from advertising here, then it could explain a lot. I'd like to think that it was more of a business decision than a personal one or even a competitive thing.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• who said he would not answer? He did, and it may have brought to light a different side to the story that was before unknown by me.......

From Scott

Glenn,

I appreciate your comments and loyalty to Slingshotinfo… The reality is I was going to look at renewing but after many emails and people letting me know that the “leaders” of the “info” site were actively telling people not to buy from us, at the shows, to a point of blackballing them….. I felt as if I was bullied and pushed into paying…. Was unaware it is a MOB mentality. I had not closed the door on advertising until at the point of renewing “info” took an aggressive stance rather than to call me and discuss opportunities and why I should be in “info”.

In fact this post by you actually proves why my feelings were correct. GOOD business sells on advantages not fear. I prefer to spend our marketing dollars on positive proactive marketing. If “info” wanted our business they would proactively sell their advantages and email me or call me. None of which occurred.

I have not yet placed a final opinion on “info” and today am just watching.. This is a hobby company for me and I am passionate about the Slingshots.. Everyone has a choice on who they buy from and you made it clear we are not one of them…

Thank you for your e-mail/social media concerns…. I may not believe in the approach but I do hear you.

Scott MacIndoe

SLINGSHOT ONLY
    CEO/President
    1468 Northgate Blvd
    Sarasota, FL 34234
    941-203-5792
    Scott@slingshotonly.com
    Slingshotonly.com

So what will be the "rest of the story"?

LC

• I think the confusion here is that most all other vendors have people who monitor the forum and respond to complaints immediately and resolve them.
    Part of the forum is a place were members can share there experiences and opinions on products. In all cases there will be both positive and negative opinions.
    Fact of life you can not please everyone.
    But the best advise I was ever given by a mentor was. "The best thing you can have is a problem - People will always remember how you handled it, more that the initial problem" Never run from it face it and resolve it.
    I would really like to see any post from an administrator or moderator who said not to buy from a paying vendor.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm not a leader here but I've got no problem saying that I don't recommend SlingshotOnly when asked. I have had issues getting general information and assistance since before Eureka Springs last year.

The lack of anything other than a screenshot or photo of an advertisement here on the forum hasn't rebuilt any faith in SlingshotOnly.

I heard from another vendor that when in the past they had relied on SlingshotOnly for some part that they were sorely let down this year at MV.

With all of that said, I'm just plain old not impressed anymore.

I don't tell folks to not shop there but I do share my experiences when asked. I speak highly of DDM, FendorButtons, and AllThingsSlingshot because Dave, Phil and Kevin have been great resources for all of us through the forum and have great products and CS. I speak highly of SlingMods because of their customer service. I speak highly of Lite the Nite because of Vern's quality, CS, and guarantees.

• I think this is pretty accurate of any business really. Your personal experience will always dictate who you will and will not recommend. I have had nothing but stellar support from SlingshotOnly and Hahn Turbo...even though most have not. I would always recommend them. I have met Kev and feel like he is doing great things with All Things Slingshot. I've personally had no interactions with DDM but they have a great reputation in the community, so that being said, I would use them if I had a need. Vern and his team are amazing people. Always enjoy them coming out to the shows and working their tales off.

I think other than the ugly transition from Noel to Scott, SlingshotOnly has done a lot to maintain quality products at a decent price...forcing competition to be more innovative...I think companies like them are the reason that @Ruptured Duck and @lrobbi, as well as a few other people that have made some great products for the Sling that are in big demand. Mean Sling and lRobbi Accessories has really come out with things other vendors have not and that should make people excited. The constant competition is leading to some really cool stuff. That transition of SlingshotOnly really left a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of people. I don't think they have really recovered from that...I'm hoping once the "Show" season slows down, they are able to focus on being what the community wants. I have seen a few companies come and go and it always sucks not losing another option...cause ultimately it means we will just have the same boring products and have thousands of slingshots that lack personality.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Just like @Ross I can't recommend their site due to their horrible customer service and the fact that they are very inconsistent when it comes to honoring warranties or make things right when they make an advertising mistake, they always want the customer to be the one to pay.

So as far as I am concerned I will not pass an opportunity to shame them on social media, if someday they seem to get their shit together and treat customers as they should then I will eat crow and give them a try.

They are the only vendor who has as bad customer service as spin4air .........and that is saying something. :POKESS:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.