Another 4 wheel conversion

• Not having it...yet...
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

She looks a bit suspicious like she may be detecting a bit of bull but you still have a chance. You know the rule, you either blind them with brilliance or baffle them with bull shit. If one don't work try the other. :00007510:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• you may need pictures to prove it happened, but I suspect that picture proves it isnt going to happen :thumbdown:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It pretty much came down to... "Really? More money in to the Slingshot? Why not just buy a car you want instead of building it?"

tell her that what you want is a Ariel atom or a ktm xbow, either one starts at 100k plus.

A slingshot with a quad conversion and boost can be had for under 50k.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• tell her that what you want is a Ariel atom or a ktm xbow, either one starts at 100k plus.
    A slingshot with a quad conversion and boost can be had for under 50k.

I did...and oddly...she didn't bat an eye. I think the big issue is how much I bitch about the Slingshot when it's not running right or when I do one mod that ends needing another mod...she see's it as a constant stream of money going out.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I did...and oddly...she didn't bat an eye. I think the big issue is how much I bitch about the Slingshot when it's not running right or when I do one mod that ends needing another mod...she see's it as a constant stream of money going out.

Use that same train of thought when she goes shopping. Why yes I do think that dress looks nice. But I don't think you should get it because your shoes, purse, belt, etc... will have to be added.
    Call me when you get out of the hospital. :evil:

• Use that same train of thought when she goes shopping. Why yes I do think that dress looks nice. But I don't think you should get it because your shoes, purse, belt, etc... will have to be added.Call me when you get out of the hospital. :evil:

LMAO! That doesn't work...she saves every penny and rarely buys anything for herself...I keep buying her things...wait a minute...

• On a whim, I just emailed the Texas DMV asking if a four-wheel conversion kit that basically bolts to the Polaris Slingshot's rear wheel suspension points would cause any registration/licensing problems. Of course, I then checked the Trak Hamr website and it looks like it doesn't use the suspension points on the Slingshot.

• You know this type of rear conversion wouldn't be that bad. Especially if you can convert it back and forth in a few hours. I would like to have it for days when I wanted to really hook all the power to the ground. And then switch back to three wheels when I felt like spinning and sliding around a lot. I guess it all would boil down to how much they would sell the kit for. If I provided the extra wheel and the C4 rear end it would appear that the rest of the kit should be around 4000.00. I wonder if they would let the customer get their own common parts?

• You know this type of rear conversion wouldn't be that bad. Especially if you can convert it back and forth in a few hours. I would like to have it for days when I wanted to really hook all the power to the ground. And then switch back to three wheels when I felt like spinning and sliding around a lot. I guess it all would boil down to how much they would sell the kit for. If I provided the extra wheel and the C4 rear end it would appear that the rest of the kit should be around 4000.00. I wonder if they would let the customer get their own common parts?

It's possible...the people I spoke with there were really cool. I am sure there is a part of it that they want to keep as "trade secrets" but it could be different in your case.

• Bought a 2019 Sling last summer and hated the look of the single rear wheel. I did some research and decided on the Trak Hamr conversion. It was delivered about a month ago. It came fully assembled and ready to bolt in. The kit was complete and a piece of cake to install. It took me 8 hours. A well built unit and Troy was great to work with. He even gave me his personal cell number. Who does that? I would highly recommend calling Troy if you are interested in a conversion. Top notch company and he has a great product. It handles so much better now. I wanted to save a little money so I opted for the mono-leaf suspension instead of the upgraded coil over. I am not racing this and it is incredible as it is. Yes it was pricey, but in my opinion it was worth every penny. The kit was 100% complete and the only thing extra I had to buy was brake fluid to bleed the brakes and a rear tire and wheel. I found a used set of factory tires and wheels on Facebook for $600. It was a hell of a deal. Troy even welded in a class II receiver so since I had 2 extra front tires and wheels I bought a used Cycle Mate trailer and custom built it to tow behind the Sling. I am extremely happy with the way this whole thing came out. The alignment process was really easy. I have an friend who owns an alignment shop and it was a standard Corvette specs we used. The trailer tows great and it will be nice for road trips. I had to make custom fenders for the trailer and make a widened axle to fit the Sling tires and wheels. I scanned the paint with a special camera and was able to get a perfect match on the color when I painted the trailer.

• Bought a 2019 Sling last summer and hated the look of the single rear wheel. I did some research and decided on the Trak Hamr conversion. It was delivered about a month ago. It came fully assembled and ready to bolt in. The kit was complete and a piece of cake to install. It took me 8 hours. A well built unit and Troy was great to work with. He even gave me his personal cell number. Who does that? I would highly recommend calling Troy if you are interested in a conversion. Top notch company and he has a great product. It handles so much better now. I wanted to save a little money so I opted for the mono-leaf suspension instead of the upgraded coil over. I am not racing this and it is incredible as it is. Yes it was pricey, but in my opinion it was worth every penny. The kit was 100% complete and the only thing extra I had to buy was brake fluid to bleed the brakes and a rear tire and wheel. I found a used set of factory tires and wheels on Facebook for $600. It was a hell of a deal. Troy even welded in a class II receiver so since I had 2 extra front tires and wheels I bought a used Cycle Mate trailer and custom built it to tow behind the Sling. I am extremely happy with the way this whole thing came out. The alignment process was really easy. I have an friend who owns an alignment shop and it was a standard Corvette specs we used. The trailer tows great and it will be nice for road trips. I had to make custom fenders for the trailer and make a widened axle to fit the Sling tires and wheels. I scanned the paint with a special camera and was able to get a perfect match on the color when I painted the trailer.

Looks really good with the trailer and matching wheels.