Slingshot loosing power

• I took the Slingshot out yesterday for a ride in the mountains, 230 miles, ran great till last 30 miles. had 2 bars of 93 Octane left in the tank, road was flat and when I would give it gas in either 2nd or 3rd, reach about 5000 rpm while accelerating it would all of a sudden seem to loose power and bog down and then all of a sudden take off like a rocket. @FunCycle suggested that it might be injectors fouling, Just wanted to get any other ideas before I go picking up parts for it. Any one have any ideas. First time this has happened and I always run 93 Octane

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Highly doubt the injectors are already having issues. Luckily for you, a ton of people like myself have extra stock ones that you can easily swap out.

Most of these odd issues are vacuum leaks and/or electrical issues. I would lean towards something electrical. Maybe something in the fly by wire system...? Dealer or someone with Bob's software can plug in and see if the pedal position sensor and throttle body are still working in harmony.

First step, put some gas in it and make sure your fuel indicator is actually correct.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Unplug all three ECU plugs for about 5 mins. Then plug them back in. Take it straight to a service station that has good quality gas. Like BP or Chevron or Texaco.... some name brand station. Fill it to the top.

NOW.... go drive it like you just stole it. It will relearn some of its fuel tables again.

It may not help but it wont hurt a thing.
    Let us know how that works out.....

• Unplug all three ECU plugs for about 5 mins. Then plug them back in. Take it straight to a service station that has good quality gas. Like BP or Chevron or Texaco.... some name brand station. Fill it to the top.

NOW.... go drive it like you just stole it. It will relearn some of its fuel tables again.

It may not help but it wont hurt a thing.
    Let us know how that works out.....

Can you take the ECU wires off without removing power from the battery? Wondering cause I need to take a few photos and send it to Bob.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I took the Slingshot out yesterday for a ride in the mountains, 230 miles, ran great till last 30 miles. had 2 bars of 93 Octane left in the tank, road was flat and when I would give it gas in either 2nd or 3rd, reach about 5000 rpm while accelerating it would all of a sudden seem to loose power and bog down and then all of a sudden take off like a rocket. @FunCycle suggested that it might be injectors fouling, Just wanted to get any other ideas before I go picking up parts for it. Any one have any ideas. First time this has happened and I always run 93 Octane

If you want to come over, I can plug into your machine and most likely diagnose it pretty quick. Shoot me an IM if you want to head over and we can figure out a time.

• It would seem to be it is a fuel delivery issue. If it runs fine up to 5krpm then looses power it could be the fuel pump or fuel filter (if it has a filter), or maybe some kind of restriction in the fuel line(pinched/kinked).

I don't know anything about your particular application but with the demand on the intake system at that rpm could an intake line/hose be collapsing?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Your assumption is very good with cable driven throttle applications. When you go to a fly by wire throttle setup and loop everything through the ECM, the problems could be much more complex. Pedal position and throttle body position don't run 1-1 through the ECM. Bob's software shows you all of this. It is pretty interesting.

Luckily checking fuel pressure is super easy, so it may not hurt to check even though it have been VERY rare for someone to have a fuel pump or filter issue. The stock fuel rail has a schrader valve and loaner fuel pressure tools are at most auto parts stores. Screw the tool into the valve and see what you get. It should be around 45-50psi. When the problem arises and fuel pressure is consistent, you know that isn't the issue.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D