Need info please

• HB725Z.620

Same Hawk pads for all below per Slingmods buying page .
    I will try to find the direct number that the Duck posted some time back .

Pretty sure front and rear are the same pads

» 2015 Polaris Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE
    » 2016 Polaris Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE
    » 2017 Polaris Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE / SLR
    » 2018 Polaris Slingshot GT LE / S / SL / SLR / SLR LE

• Need more info.

When installing the new pads into the Slingshot you have to compress the pistons, because as the brake pads wear the pistons push further out. On the front calipers this is a simple procedure of compressing the piston with a big pair of vice grips, C clamp or actual piston compressor. On the back caliper though, because of the parking brake, you have to rotate the piston as you compress it. By rotating the piston it allows the parking brake mechanism to also go back in at the same time basically. There are special tools that allow you to do this, some people use a pair of needle nose pliers in the piston holes to rotate and push at the same time as a cheap alternative also. If you try to just compress the back piston, the piston will not go in properly.

As for the pads, they are the same front and back, you can also play with the Hawk part number to get different pad options. For those that do not know how the hawk pad part number works, here you go -

HB275Z.620 is the common ceramic part number for the Slingshot and that part number breaks down like this -

"HB" is for Hawk Brakes
    "275" is the pad shape
    "Z" is the compound of the brake pad
    ".620" is the thickness of the pads

So, if you want to check on a different pad material for the same car, you can just change the letter in the part number to any of the other pad compounds available from Hawk and see if they make it -

HB275F.620 is for HPS
    HB275B.620 is for 5.0 Pads
    HB275N.620 is for HP PLus pads and so on.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• Helps a whole bunch, thanks.

• What is the tool called and where can I buy it? Thanks

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• People like the ceramic for quietness, but truth be told given all the other noises already on the slingshot any pad will be quiet.

I use the HB275B.620 "Street 5.0" pads and they provide strong braking and very little to no fade under aggressive driving.

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also it is worth mentioning that when you buy them from amazon or an auto part store they come with tabs that need to be removed before installing, if that is something that you don't want to do then buy them from DDM since their pads come ready to be installed with all the tabs removed.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().