Battery maintenance

• Oohh, oohh, i know, i know!
    Flooded batteries, if leaking, will explode (right in your f&$%!ng face) when electricity is applied in the form of sparking at the positive terminal.

Ask me how i know.... :cursing:

Funny thing about the exploding comment. Today, I set my Li-ion car jumper battery to charge. Came back a few hours later and the battery had swollen up to the point the battery cover almost came off. Glad it didn't catch fire or something while it was sitting there. It's in the trash now.

• I was pleasantly surprised that removing the battery wasn't as difficult as I had imagined, but once removed I found the terminals to be very corroded and the water levels very low.

Bill

(2015 SL with full-sized, non-sealed battery)

I had the battery cover off last night and noticed the terminals are corroded again so it looks like I'll be spending a wee bit of time this morning cleaning it up.....................

Bill

• (2015 SL with full-sized, non-sealed battery)

I had the battery cover off last night and noticed the terminals are corroded again so it looks like I'll be spending a wee bit of time this morning cleaning it up.....................

Bill

I found out that about every 6 months I had to do that. That was why I installed the Optima Group 25 battery with the dual terminals, hopping that I could be done with the corrosion

• I found out that about every 6 months I had to do that. That was why I installed the Optima Group 25 battery with the dual terminals, hopping that I could be done with the corrosion

It is sneaking up on four years old now, so when this battery finally gives up the ghost then we will be replacing it with a maintenance free battery.......................

Bill

• It is sneaking up on four years old now, so when this battery finally gives up the ghost then we will be replacing it with a maintenance free battery.......................

Bill

I just changed the battery a few months back, the original (2014) is now cranking a tractor. I will spend so much time on the road this summer that I did not want to take the chance of having a problem with a 4 year old battery on the road.