Front end alignment (do it yourself)

• My recliner is showing no unusual wear -even with signs of disproportionate posterior growth. I guess I'm lucky...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• LargeCar. Great post and thank you for doing this.

I was changing my oil this weekend and noticed the passenger side front tire ( I know - is there another ?? :) )
    has more wear on the inside of the tire so it would be toed out??? All you said below is cool but all Greek to me.
    I contacted my local dealer and they don't do alignments ... Humm you would have thought that this is something
    that would be in the loop. My dealer said he was checking into a person that does three wheelers and would get back to me. I am about 2-3 K miles away from new front tires. I want this dialed in prior - any other thoughts on this would be appreciated. This is one of those things I think I will pass on and hopefully have a professional take care of.

I actually did my own alignment on the sling. Apparently the toe in is 1/8 inch at a 4 foot front to rear spread. So, two four foot fluorescent tubes bungee to the center line of each front wheel and measure front to back (use the pins on the tube ends). I have over 12k on this method and can still (almost) read the kenda on the center rib. My tech at the dealer told me how to do it. The other dealer in town quoted $200 and four hours, says it only sets the toe, not camber or caster. I passed on the deal and did it myself, figure it I screwed it up $200 saved could go toward good tires.

LC

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• LargeCar. Great post and thank you for doing this.

I was changing my oil this weekend and noticed the passenger side front tire ( I know - is there another ?? :) )
    has more wear on the inside of the tire so it would be toed out??? All you said below is cool but all Greek to me.
    I contacted my local dealer and they don't do alignments ... Humm you would have thought that this is something
    that would be in the loop. My dealer said he was checking into a person that does three wheelers and would get back to me. I am about 2-3 K miles away from new front tires. I want this dialed in prior - any other thoughts on this would be appreciated. This is one of those things I think I will pass on and hopefully have a professional take care of.

Getting the front done is better than none.....

• For the second day now I have been contacted by Polaris about the front end. They are working on this and getting a solution for me and hopefully will be back to me shortly. When I know what they suggest I will pass it along. So far they have been very receptive and helpful .

Getting the front done is better than none.....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎