Black textured paint starting to get a whitish discoloration. Anyone have a good solution?

• I am starting to get a whitefish discoloration on the black textured hood areas. I've tried light compound with no results. The marks will not be visible when wet but show right back up as soon as completely dry. Anyone have an idea how I can remove these marks???

• I am starting to get a whitefish discoloration on the black textured hood areas. I've tried light compound with no results. The marks will not be visible when wet but show right back up as soon as completely dry. Anyone have an idea how I can remove these marks???

That very well could be 'car polish' ... take a test with a little bit of rubbing alcohol
    and clean. The alcohol will not harm the plastic black or the red paint, than rince with clean clear water.

The only cleaning and polishing I use on my slingshot is Turtle Wax "Ice", both the detailer and the wax (both spray bottle) will not leave a 'white' residue on the black plastic. The "fast red" and black both shine beautifully.

• @EjFord s products are great. I have started using this with fantastic results

Being a chrome nut I have been using Mothers for more years than I wanna tell!!!

@EjFord s products are great. I have started using this with fantastic results

Being a chrome nut I have been using Mothers for more years than I wanna tell!!!

I've used some of the 'Back to Black' on the rear under side where the sling takes a lot of abuse from the road debris. The hood and front and sides have just use the
    Turtle was "Ice". the alcohol will clean old wax that leaves the white residue.

• I will try both, the alchol and the mothers. I used boat polish on the black hood and it worked for two weeks then the whitish crud was back. I will try the lexan on the back by the rear black above the rear tire...Thanks everyone for this, I hope it works

• I will try both, the alchol and the mothers. I used boat polish on the black hood and it worked for two weeks then the whitish crud was back. I will try the lexan on the back by the rear black above the rear tire...Thanks everyone for this, I hope it works

All of the "Black" restorer has some 'black color' in it. Clean it with alcohol and
    then use the 'Ice' detailer in all the areas front and sides....think you'll be happy with that.

• All of the "Black" restorer has some 'black color' in it. Clean it with alcohol and then use the 'Ice' detailer in all the areas front and sides....think you'll be happy with that.

Thanks...The alcohol and Ice did the trick. I've always used ice but I guess I must have put on some other wax at one time or another over the past year...Thanks again everyone for the info...

• Thanks...The alcohol and Ice did the trick. I've always used ice but I guess I must have put on some other wax at one time or another over the past year...Thanks again everyone for the info...

I learned the 'alcohol' trick from the vinyl guy...he always cleans off the wax with
    the alcohol.

• @EjFord is correct.... "Ice" will fix your problem for good... no phone calls, no alcohol necessary. Sold at walmart every day and other fine retailers. ;) ... its the best "non-wax" wax, Ive ever seen... Steve used some on the black plastic trim on my car that has oxidized from sitting in the sun and turned grey.... 8 year old car and the trim looked brand new. Good protectant, shine, and cleaning product.

BUT.... it acts like a wax... if you put it on one side, you will have to put it on the other side.. it wont do for one side to sparkle and shine like new, and the other to be flat black and okd looking....

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Wizards vinyl protector works good as well. It doesn't attract dust either, like some of the other products I've used. I've also have been hitting the "tub" with a power washer, it's a lot quicker then using a brush and appears to do a better job

• Wizards vinyl protector works good as well. It doesn't attract dust either, like some of the other products I've used.

8o I live about a mile down a dirt road..... reckon the dirt would stay on the road and not gather on SS?? :00008359:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)