Attention: Auto Users

• For those who have converted to auto transmission, what set up did you end up getting (Standard shift lever, digital push button, paddle shifter)?

Any pros and cons of the setup? How do you like it so far?

Please don’t be shy to post pictures of your setup. :D

Edited 2 times, last by MrGrey: forgot to add ().

• I know Alpha before they went out of business, had installed a couple for disabled folks and all I can say is the videos showed grins from ear to ear. I'm not sure where current users are at on the forum but I'm sure they will chime in

• We have had our auto for over 2 years now and tried a couple of different configurations such as the push button interface and one day out of nowhere the push button failed and shifted to 1st while driving about 70 on the highway and we about wrecked .
    We contacted pcs and informed them of our issue and they asked us what the ambient temperature was . It was over a 100 that day with direct sunlight, they said that’s why .
    We removed it and went with the plain old shift the automatic transmission into gear and guess what . No more issues .
    Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go but we really liked the push button but no willing to take that risk again , thank got we had seatbelts on or we would have been thrown out of the Slingshot because shifting from 5th to 1st without warning was not fun .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Damn Jaime, can't like that at all...

@rabtech, is yours like that?

I posted once a video from Instagram of @Bob Runmans bulletspeed take on the auto and his attention to detail was sweet!

Let me see if I can find it again...

• Omg! thank god you’re ok! I’ve seen those electronic push to button shifter around here in the site.

I gotta admit they do look cool, but just like every electronics, i know they malfunction just like what happen to you shifting from 5th to 1st because it’s “hot.” That’s crazy!!

Did you modify your standard lever or is it just standard? Do you have pictures by any chance?

• I wouldn't switch back to manual. Anybody that was at Maggie Valley this year could see mine in action and should have noticed that I never had any issues with it shifting wrong. I even was trapped in a downpour and water was sitting on the number pad and buttons and had no issues with it. I do plan on moving my shifter pad to a more vertical position because there is no reason to temp fate. It shifts just like its programmed to. When I first arrived in Maggie Valley I told Dave it was shifting down to many gears when I mashed the throttle and within a few minutes of programming with a laptop it was shifting down and holding the correct gear perfectly. That is part of any new product that has to be programmed.

As far as heat bothering mine,,, It hasn't. My push button controller has been so hot you couldn't lay your hand on the metal. And still no issues. ..

You can put a manual shifter on the transmission. It just has to be routed around the bell housing up to the hole where the shifter was located.

• I wouldn't switch back to manual. Anybody that was at Maggie Valley this year could see mine in action and should have noticed that I never had any issues with it shifting wrong. I even was trapped in a downpour and water was sitting on the number pad and buttons and had no issues with it. I do plan on moving my shifter pad to a more vertical position because there is no reason to temp fate. It shifts just like its programmed to. When I first arrived in Maggie Valley I told Dave it was shifting down to many gears when I mashed the throttle and within a few minutes of programming with a laptop it was shifting down and holding the correct gear perfectly. That is part of any new product that has to be programmed.

As far as heat bothering mine,,, It hasn't. My push button controller has been so hot you couldn't lay your hand on the metal. And still no issues. ..

You can put a manual shifter on the transmission. It just has to be routed around the bell housing up to the hole where the shifter was located.

thanks for the feedback! @rabtech i was wondering about the rain as well but good thing it’s waterproof as well. Where did you mount the shifter? and where are you planning to move it eventually? Do you also have the small led screen by the steering wheel that displays the gear you’re in?

• I’m just going off of what the manufacturer told me , mine worked flawlessly for the first year but the second year . Awful, I’ll never use push button again . To dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info