Attention: Auto Users

• I just spoke to tech support and engineering and they absolutely positively said they will not support or warranty any pushbutton application that is exposed to moisture. I’m not trying to be negative here , I just know that this is a very dangerous application for a slingshot and it’s a matter of time before this button will fail and cause a major accident .
    It’s only for in cab use only and ambient temp cannot exceed 105 .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I tested my automatic for 2 years so it took some time but I’m trying to stress how dangerous this is . PCS will verify this , call them please if you don’t agree with me . I included a phone number on this post .

• Drive 70mph and downshift from 5th to 1st to give you a example of what will happen . Now have this happen when your not expecting it .
    I said my peace but this is very irresponsible of anyone who is installing this but also remember I starting installing automatics in slingshots Long before people started coming out of the woodwork so it allows me to have a lot more testing time and I just looked it up . I had a automatic since October of 2015 so I do know what I’m talking about . Only reason I’m still running my mouth about this is because it’s a huge safety issue . I don’t care . Just a concerned Slingshot family member and a proud forum member unless rabtech shoots me

• Drive 70mph and downshift from 5th to 1st to give you a example of what will happen . Now have this happen when your not expecting it .
    I said my peace but this is very irresponsible of anyone who is installing this but also remember I starting installing automatics in slingshots Long before people started coming out of the woodwork so it allows me to have a lot more testing time and I just looked it up . I had a automatic since October of 2015 so I do know what I’m talking about . Only reason I’m still running my mouth about this is because it’s a huge safety issue . I don’t care . Just a concerned Slingshot family member and a proud forum member unless rabtech shoots me

thanks for your honest feedback! @oneshot this is the reason why i started this thread so people who are currently have the automatic setup are aware of the safety issue and also for those who plan to convert in the future!

• So your saying I need to move my push buttons under the lip of my dash. :D It has a 20' cable to play with. I guess I could find a shaded dry spot for it. :thumbsup:

Ill look around for a spot this weekend when I'm in the shop.... Ill post pics of where I mount it.

Yes please , the last thing I want to see is any of my Slingshot family members experience what I did . Thanks for listening to my rant on this issue .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I got my wife’s converted to an automatic by performance Autowerks with the standard shifter for 3700. It looks great and is a blast to drive but I’m keeping mines manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I got my wife’s converted to an automatic by performance Autowerks with the standard shifter for 3700. It looks great and is a blast to drive but I’m keeping mines manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did they use for the transmission? New crate one, remanufactured one, or used from a bone yard. Just wondering since there's a few different conversion guys doing different things

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• good read. before it triggers anyone here about driving manual is better than automatic etc...

i think polaris should have offered the automatic transmission in the beginning since they were using the same engine from polstice anyway and offered the turbo engine as well..

• good read. before it triggers anyone here about driving manual is better than automatic etc...
    i think polaris should have offered the automatic transmission in the beginning since they were using the same engine from polstice anyway and offered the turbo engine as well..

Polaris was restricted weight-wise by some mythical motorcycle weight limit they claimed applied. I don't know of anyone on any of tthe forums ever having successfully found the basis of that weight limit. I, for one, would certainly like to know what law/governing organization Polaris relied on for their decision.
    I like the pricing for the Performance Autowerks auto trans conversion since they are significantly cheaper than other options, offering the auto trans conversion with Cruise Control, Standard shift lever (shown In @Choppa's pics above) and LED Gear Indicator for just over $5K*. I have read on a different Auto trans thread that a company offering a different solution claimed they have the only properly integrated Cruise Control solution that is supposed to function properly with the Polaris ECU, so I would want to know more about PA's approach and how well their system works on boosted vehicles.
    * At that price, I won't need to rob as many banks! :D

• actually the cruise control is additional $600. did you get that one as well @Choppa It says on the website the package is $4750 installed including labor and parts, wonder why @Choppa is lower than that...

i like the part where they offer paddle shifter! i don’t really care about the cruise control, but let’s be honest... who really uses them in SS?

• I suppose I am different but I use the cruise control a LOT when in route from point A to point B. I find it hard to believe those who ride their SS 350, 400 and 500 miles one way to a weekend excursion don't use cruise control.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868