Attention: Auto Users

• If I’m on the interstates I’m almost always using cruise

I live in a rural area but fortunately we have an interstate that travels through here. It helps when your headed East or West but if you are traveling North or South you will be on large open two lanes. I also use my cruise when traveling these roads. It helps with the speeding tickets!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Edited once, last by Ghost ().

• I like to ride thru the nearby Sam Houston National Forest where the speed limit is 55 with a lot of the turns marked for 35 and just set the CC for 55. I like to see how fast I can drive a course w/o ever needing to touch the brakes. If I'm on a straight highway, I always use the CC.

• actually the cruise control is additional $600. did you get that one as well @Choppa It says on the website the package is $4750 installed including labor and parts, wonder why @Choppa is lower than that...

i like the part where they offer paddle shifter! i don’t really care about the cruise control, but let’s be honest... who really uses them in SS?

I got the "just over $5K figure from the PA website for the basic auto trans install w/stick shifter and LED gear display.
    At $600, losing the CC to save some on the budget might be worthwhile. :D

• I got the "just over $5K figure from the PA website for the basic auto trans install w/stick shifter and LED gear display.At $600, losing the CC to save some on the budget might be worthwhile. :D

i dont think its worth it getting the cruise control.. since most people here have that problem already when the break light went on. I don't usually daily drive my SS anyway, more like a weekend car.

• @MrGrey I got the standard shifter and not the key pad shifter that’s why it was cheaper. They told me 4750 at first but then they said that they have the standard shifter which is cheaper and that’s what I went with and I did not get the cruise control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I’m just amazed on the price . Our first one we used a junkyard transmission, had it rebuilt, modified the driveshaft , install the PCS controller . Test and tune and drive at 5K and that was just barely making anything. That was 2and half years ago though so I guess when sling street did the very first one and then me and alpha started doing them .now everyone is installing them but that’s cool . I’m just amazed that they are using a brand new transmission and still selling for that price .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Are there any tired & trusted installers closer to CA? I may need to go automatic, if my husband is ever able to walk or drive again. We won't know for at least 4-6 months, as he has Charcot in the right ankle, and we have to let this take its course. IF we are lucky, we may not need to do this, but trying to have plan B ready. Regardless, the sling will have to be shipped to and from the installer, so cost & reliability of the mod are important. Thanks in advance

• i guess there are some people do use cruise control...

Those of us who do more that go to the grocery store or the local tavern and travel thousands of highway miles on them do!

That would be me, my SS is my DD and I use the cruse on turnpike and highways. If I dont I will be doing over a 100 before I know it.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: