3rd brake light

• So, Joy was riding behind me today and informed me the 3rd brake light was out. After tearing everything apart found out it is the antennae that is the culprit. I bypassed the antennae because I barely listen to the FM stations anyways and the 3rd brake light is more important. Okay, so now that I got that all out....is anyone using an aftermarket antennae and if so, what?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I purchased the @SlingTunes antenna at Maggie Valley. I'll begin testing it this week. Right now I can only get one of the 7 radio stations in Madison IF I am in Madison. I purchased this fully knowing it may not improve what I experience but for the price I was willing to take the chance. Most of the time I use bluetooth but when the clouds turn gray I would like to get some weather reports

• I purchased the @SlingTunes antenna at Maggie Valley. I'll begin testing it this week. Right now I can only get one of the 7 radio stations in Madison IF I am in Madison. I purchased this fully knowing it may not improve what I experience but for the price I was willing to take the chance. Most of the time I use bluetooth but when the clouds turn gray I would like to get some weather reports

I barely used the FM, but when I did I picked up the Chicago stations no problem. Even with no antennae right now I can pick up 92.3 out of Chicago and it's crystal clear (not my station of choice though). I don't think I would need anything extreme to pick up stations. I also noticed that since I disconnected the antennae I no longer have any interference on my back up camera, so using an aftermarket and routing it up front would be a plus.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Generally, the higher you can mount an antenna, the better the reception. I originally was toying with mounting the antenna thru the dash angled behind my MadStad Single Adjustable windshield and was playing around with different locations and noticed that when I raised the antenna so it was above my Twist Dynamics Top my reception markedly improved.

• Generally, the higher you can mount an antenna, the better the reception. I originally was toying with mounting the antenna thru the dash angled behind my MadStad Single Adjustable windshield and was playing around with different locations and noticed that when I raised the antenna so it was above my Twist Dynamics Top my reception markedly improved.

The OEM antennae is bad. It is not outputting voltage to the 3rd brake light. Since the OEM one is shit, I’m going to use an aftermarket one and mount it up front.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Depending on the year of your SS it is likely not a bad antenna but a damaged antenna module located at the rear of the center brake light. The Polaris part # is 4016187. MSRP $109.43 This part has a threaded stud made in the case and MUST be grounded for the FM antenna and CHMSL to work. During assembly it has been discovered that Polaris is over tightening the nut on this stud and cracking the 2 electrical boards inside. The spec is 20 INCH pounds of torque and units that were defective have been found to have over 80 INCH pounds of torque on the stud. Hope this helps.

• Depending on the year of your SS it is likely not a bad antenna but a damaged antenna module located at the rear of the center brake light. The Polaris part # is 4016187. MSRP $109.43 This part has a threaded stud made in the case and MUST be grounded for the FM antenna and CHMSL to work. During assembly it has been discovered that Polaris is over tightening the nut on this stud and cracking the 2 electrical boards inside. The spec is 20 INCH pounds of torque and units that were defective have been found to have over 80 INCH pounds of torque on the stud. Hope this helps.

Yes, the module is the problem. I’m not replacing it...I’ll just add an aftermarket one for cheaper and will be better.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"