High Heat Temperature Exhaust Paint for Welter Exhaust

• @Bigdog that’s a good point. I am cat free on an NA setup

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• VHT wrinkle paint will survive on an exhaust pipe. I have painted the pipe about 1foot from the turbo and it last a long time. Main thing is make sure you prep the surface. You can scuff with steel wool but I didn't even do that. I just cleaned the pipe with isopropyl alcohol. And as soon as it dried I would lay a light coat down. The do several thick coats waiting about 15 mins in between each coat. DO NOT TRY TO MAKE IT WRINKLE BY PAINTING EXTRA HEAVY COATS. It will wrinkle as it dries. Slowly.

I know it says 300 degree but VHT must severely underrate their products... Because it looks great and it will stay on forever. I wouldn't put it on the compressor or headers. But 12" down and further you will be fine.

• VHT Flame Proof paint

"Coating will withstand temperatures up to 2000°F (1093°C) and is ideal for use on headers, exhaust systems, or wherever an extreme temperature coating is needed."

I use this a lot! I clean the pieces, let dry and put on several light coats. The paint will be “green” when it drys so don’t touch it with your hands.
    Put the pieces in an oven @ 300 for 15 min and then let it cool. Fire up the oven again to 450 for 15 min and let it cool. Then 500 for 30 minutes and let it cool.
    Then I turn to “Broil” for 20 minutes and then let cool.

This melts in the ceramic coating and conditions the coating ready for use.

Never use plain powder coating on exhaust parts!

ceramic coatings are good to 2000 degrees!