Don’t do this - the rest of the story

• Hey Anita! I’m about to remove my mud flaps too! Would you recommend this method, or is this one better avoided?

All joking aside I’m sorry for your damage. I just damaged my third front end and will be swapping to the madstad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Sorry to hear about this,wet and slingshot is just not a good combination.

Hopefully nothing else is damaged, I am sure one of the many people removing the mudflaps for hugger fenders will offer them up if you want to replace them, I would offer mine but already sent them to @gpcustoms.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Important message about the traction or lack of on the rear wheel when wet.

Really sucks to see that. I damn near cried when I first scraped the bottom of my spoiler. And that was after I wrapped the battery tender and electric cord around my back wheel. Not a pretty sight.

• Sorry for your troubles Anita! Guess it'd be a good time to go ahead and do those front fenders that your were eyeing. LOL

Sounds as though you have help on the way and offers of a replacement mud flap if that is what you want. I would really be surprised if anything else were damaged. Take you time and be safe on the road!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thanks everyone! I am on the road and will post the rest of the story later. I did take a small chunk out of the tire near the rim so that's a bummer unless I can find a tire quickly.

Good to know you be okay.

Wet and slick metal/paint...
    Cause for thought.

Might be a good time for all with trailers to evaluate the use of rough textured anti-skid paint...
    If for no other areas than the tread lanes.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thanks everyone! I am on the road and will post the rest of the story later. I did take a small chunk out of the tire near the rim so that's a bummer unless I can find a tire quickly.

Hi Anita I have FRONT tire and rim (like new) tire about 7,000.00 miles on it if you pay for shipping I will send it to you, just need a address. :thumbup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited once, last by mytoy: Changed to front tire ().

• Thanks for all the offers - I'm thinking I might get the fenders. I will keep all in mind though! @mytoy thanks for your offer - not sure what size yours is but I have found one here.

Here's what happened as near as I can figure. I have a SlingThing trailer with fold down ramps. There is a 'hinge' the back tire has to go over and it takes a little 'oomph' to get it there - I think that little 'oomph' is what did me in. Definitely agree with @airoutlaw about putting some antiskid on there.

Just about the time the tow truck arrived, a man walked over offering to help. He had been pulling out and someone told him what had happened. It was George with the green Sling and the boombox trailer! Boy! do I owe him. I won't say the tow truck driver wouldn't have handled it, but George took charge - had a great tire jack plus a floor jack.

Three places in Wilkesboro, including Polaris, and no tire. As I searched I found they have Discount Tire in N.C. Woohoo! Tire should be there Wednesday morning. Some may remember I had to drive to Discount Tire in Denver for a tire SSITR 2016.

Gotta love this family!

• Anita, let us know when you are back in the area so we can have another wrench day. I think the boys are getting restless!!!

• Glad you are ok!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk