Dust Pouring Out Of Wheel

• Well I went for a spin tonight, the front deflectors keep doing a great job by the prototype rear did not fair so well, at least not at the speeds I was running. I also had the shocks almost all the way down runnin about 2 1/2” of ground clearance. The prototype just didn’t give enough air flow in this situation.

• As @FunCycle mentioned I am currently running deflectors on the front and rear. The front deflectors are the one that @ethermion brought to us here.

Thanks for the shout out, but that wasn't me. I don't do mods, much less imagine new ones. All my mods were either gifts or done at gunpoint.

Someone more worthy than I deserves that mention, and didn't get it.

• Thanks for the shout out, but that wasn't me. I don't do mods, much less imagine new ones. All my mods were either gifts or done at gunpoint.

I should never go on my memory! The credit goes to @gearhead after I did quick search. Thanks, I will go back and change the original post.

• Thanks for the shout out, but that wasn't me. I don't do mods, much less imagine new ones. All my mods were either gifts or done at gunpoint.

Ok ...so you didnt come up with the idea...We still like you anyways! :thumbup:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I got fed up and ordered a small hand held cordless air blower from Amazon. It’s rechargeable. On my alloy colored 20” wheels, you never really see the dust and I rarely ever hv to clean any of the wheels. However my 22” satin black rear wheel collects CRAZY dust from a quick ride to the store and back. I have a gloss black polished lip which makes it hard to wipe off without scratching. I hv a light fine detail brush but it will scratch the lip also. You can literally blow it out with your breath so I got fed up and bought a small blower that easily fits in the glove box.

Be safe and God bless!

• A simple solution is to cover that part of the wheel that collects the dust with a fine coat of butter before heading out for a ride. When you stop for lunch, there will be plenty of bugs, snakes, rodents etc that will gladly lick it clean for you.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I got fed up and ordered a small hand held cordless air blower from Amazon. It’s rechargeable. On my alloy colored 20” wheels, you never really see the dust and I rarely ever hv to clean any of the wheels. However my 22” satin black rear wheel collects CRAZY dust from a quick ride to the store and back. I have a gloss black polished lip which makes it hard to wipe off without scratching. I hv a light fine detail brush but it will scratch the lip also. You can literally blow it out with your breath so I got fed up and bought a small blower that easily fits in the glove box.

I’m thinking it must be the paint. On my 2016 Sling with the stock wheels I was astounded at how much dust collected on the wheel and yet it was so easy to blow off and I was confounded by why wouldn’t naturally come off as the wheel turned. It was crazy! The wheels I have on my 2019 now collect almost no dust whatsoever so I’m guessing it has to be the coating. Just a thought…

it got so bad that I actually considered rigging up some fins on the sprocket to throw air at the wheel and possibly remove the dust.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I’m thinking it must be the paint. On my 2016 Sling with the stock wheels I was astounded at how much dust collected on the wheel and yet it was so easy to blow off and I was confounded by why wouldn’t naturally come off as the wheel turned. It was crazy! The wheels I have on my 2019 now collect almost no dust whatsoever so I’m guessing it has to be the coating. Just a thought…

it got so bad that I actually considered rigging up some fins on the sprocket to throw air at the wheel and possibly remove the dust.

That has been tried before also.