2018 SLR: Phone function through Bluetooth does not work

• I just bought my 2018 SL-R Slingshot this past weekend and really really love the autocycle. There is literally no vehicle that looks more beautiful.

Anyway, I paired my BT to my Ride Command and the audio works fine but when accessing my phone, I don't hear anything. I looked in the manual and tried googling it but found no info. Should I return it back to the dealer?

• I just bought my 2018 SL-R Slingshot this past weekend and really really love the autocycle. There is literally no vehicle that looks more beautiful.

Anyway, I paired my BT to my Ride Command and the audio works fine but when accessing my phone, I don't hear anything. I looked in the manual and tried googling it but found no info. Should I return it back to the dealer?

What do you mean by you don't hear anything? Are you trying to stream music via bluetooth or make a phone call?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I, like many others may not be able to help on this one.

Never been a headset rider.

Biggest portion of my life did not include cell phones and beepers. If you were riding and needed to make a call, you found a box, stopped, and dropped a dime.

Now with a cell phone, it makes no sense to me to make or receive a call in an open wind cockpit.

If I am driving, I won't be calling. If I am driving and you are calling, you will receive a call when I stop. If I am expecting a call from you, I will stop sooner and return your call.

This was just a long winded way of saying...

BUMP the thread for someone with knowledge to ring in.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• What do you mean by you don't hear anything? Are you trying to stream music via bluetooth or make a phone call?

I am trying to make a phone call. It will show the phone call being made on the screen, but when someone answers, their voice isn't outputting to the speakers in my Slingshot.

• Welcome Aceman... to my knowledge, the phone feature will not work thru the factory unit. when you receive the call, the unit will turn off the radio/music and let you know you have a call, but will not be able to speak or hear the call. I have to then click the source on the phone to allow the conversation thru the phone. I was informed this all you can get from the Factory Unit... will be curious if anyone else has better knowledge on this.

• I have not tried it, but I was under the impression back when I flipped through the audio section of my owners manual that a headset is needed to use the phone function and that the radio has no microphone for hands free calls like you can do in many cars. As someone pointed out above with all the wind noise it probably wouldnt be practical even if there were a microphone in the dash

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I can hear the text or call but never able to answer even by the phone because the damn blue tooth takes over the call some how. But I cant hear phone calls in a quiet room so in the SS it is not going to happen. I think from how I read the instructions it works through a head set or as such not through the stereo speakers. Thats how I understood it.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I'll be getting a helmet with Bluetooth enabled and see if that's exactly how it works. Makes sense to not have a built-in mic on the Ride Command, so no biggie if that's the case. I just wish they wouldn't have had a 'phone' to even pair with since it doesn't work (outside of the music feature).

• I was just looking through the audio section of my owners manual and on page 115 under voice recognition it very clearly states that a driver headset must be paired to use these functions and then goes on to tell how to place and receive phone calls. my sling is a 2016 so its not the fancy ride command thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if the same limitations apply - here is a screen shot:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was just looking through the audio section of my owners manual and on page 115 under voice recognition it very clearly states that a driver headset must be paired to use these functions and then goes on to tell how to place and receive phone calls. my sling is a 2016 so its not the fancy ride command thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if the same limitations apply - here is a screen shot:

There is no Bluetooth Mic with the sling. Your phone syncs so you can listen to music, and you can dial but like others said only can communicate with headsets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• There is no Bluetooth Mic with the sling. Your phone syncs so you can listen to music, and you can dial but like others said only can communicate with headsets.
    Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Will the ride command connect with your headset and the phone at the same time?

I have headsets with bluetooth capability.

They also have an aux jack for connecting a phone or music. ( I have my mp3 connected there.)

They also connect via a separate wired connection to my intercom system.

The intercom system also has an aux jack to connect a phone or music. (the audio quality from music injected there isn't all that great.)

Surely with all these connection possibilities I can come up with a way to connect and use my phone. (BTW the noise canceling of the mics on these headsets is phenomenal. We can hold a normal conversation at interstate speeds and the music automatically mutes down when we are speaking to each other. The only draw back to that is I can't sing along! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The ride command system requires a BT headset to work with a phone call. It will mute music and indicate that the phone (which must be BT to the SS) is taking a call. You can control some call features as well, but you must have a headset paired with the phone or the SS

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I have a 2019 SLR with Ride Command and when I receive a call I can answer the call through my headset and I can hear the person however my mike on my helmet is always muted they cannot hear me. If I disconnect from the Ride Command and just connect the phone to my headset it works perfect but it will not work through Ride Command not sure why. I have a plied the latest software update from Polaris.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Update... I found out the problem with the muted mike. I had traveled to Georgia to pick up the SS and carried the helmet with me. Apparently the button to release the Sena from the mount on the helmet was pushed (it fits snug on the helmet) so it was loose, but did not affect the audio, only the mike. Once reseated I can now hear and the person I am talking to and they can hear me as well. Note: prior to the software update the unit would only say "Disabled while moving" when I tried to use the feature, but with the update it now works.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Edited 2 times, last by billythekidd ().