Check engine code 0 598

• Yep that’s a no go too. I’ll have to call the dealer in the AM. I did find out that they cross threaded one of the battery box screws. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Yep that’s a no go too. I’ll have to call the dealer in the AM. I did find out that they cross threaded one of the battery box screws. Ugh

I am not particularly fond of the fasteners on these things. Seems they are not the best grade for sure.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Clutch pedal uses the same magnetic switch as the brake pedal. As long as your Slingshot starts with clutch depressed using the start button, you should be okay.

If with transmission in neutral, your Slingshot starts with the start button and clutch not depressed, the clutch switch is bad or improperly adjusted.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yall are correct about this being a bad or erratic clutch switch. I have not seen this error code on more that a few slingshots over the last couple of years.

Some of us have replaced the brake switch with a mechanical switch from NAPA. I would guess you could do this to the clutch switch as well. But if it's under warranty I would let them swap it and see if it last for a while longer.

You can always change over to mechanical switches if you have to later.

• Called the dealer that I bought it from yesterday in Ft. Myers FL and was told to bring it in today. The girl writing up the order tried to charge me as if it were a repair. After 25min we finally came to the understanding that this is a warranty issue. At that point she said "well we are really backed up and might be able to get to it at the end of next week so why don't you give us a call then". Also that the manager couldn't find the code and they needed to do a full diagnostic. I knew this dealer has bad reviews on their service deptartment but was willing to give them a chance. Nope not any more! Thankfully we have another dealer close by in Punta Gorda so I drove it straight there. They were professional, knew the problem and made an appointment for early next week to fix the sensor. The only reason I didn't buy my SS from them in the first place is that their inventory sits outside.

• Clutch pedal uses the same magnetic switch as the brake pedal. As long as your Slingshot starts with clutch depressed using the start button, you should be okay.

If with transmission in neutral, your Slingshot starts with the start button and clutch not depressed, the clutch switch is bad or improperly adjusted.

I think you're suggesting that normally the Slingshot should start in Neutral, even without depressing the clutch. That's not how it works on mine. I think you must have the clutch depressed to start it with the start button, even if you are in neutral.

• Everything works as it should. It doesn’t start without the clutch engaged and even cruise control works with the check engine light on.

• Everything works as it should. It doesn’t start without the clutch engaged and even cruise control works with the check engine light on.

Hate to direct you to a dealer for an ECU check.

Still could be a weak magnetic clutch switch that erractically fails to detect.

Two other things you can check...

The brake and clutch pedals have what I call a hammer. Like a revolver pistol, they have an extension that rises above the hinge point. When the pedal moves forward, the hammer comes back toward you and that hammer moves in and out of the magnetic switches. Those switches are located under the ECU and fuse box mounting tray in the engine compartment directly behind the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. The main wiring harness and switch harnesses are also located in this tight area. A zippy tie may have broken and/or the harnesses may be sagging. Check for any contact areas or chaffing that the pedal hammers might be hitting during travel.

Also, check the steering column from top to bottom... there were a few with early models that had problems with wiring binding on the steering shaft.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Called the dealer that I bought it from yesterday in Ft. Myers FL and was told to bring it in today. The girl writing up the order tried to charge me as if it were a repair. After 25min we finally came to the understanding that this is a warranty issue. At that point she said "well we are really backed up and might be able to get to it at the end of next week so why don't you give us a call then". Also that the manager couldn't find the code and they needed to do a full diagnostic. I knew this dealer has bad reviews on their service deptartment but was willing to give them a chance. Nope not any more! Thankfully we have another dealer close by in Punta Gorda so I drove it straight there. They were professional, knew the problem and made an appointment for early next week to fix the sensor. The only reason I didn't buy my SS from them in the first place is that their inventory sits outside.

Amazing how they could look at it if you were paying ...but make it a warranty claim and they cant see it for 2 weeks!! Complete bullshit!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: