Need help replacing stock front leg speakers...

• You are correct. If you don't buy it back as salvage, you must have replacements for anything you remove. They require it to be an entire vehicle. I made arrangements with my insurance company to remove my after market shocks, windshield, steering wheel, exhaust and intake. I had the original parts for all except the intake which I located here, on the forum. In the end, I bought it back for salvage and sold it as such to a forum member.

WOW ...I can say that when I took out the steroes I did not replace it with anything...it left with holes everywhere :thumbsup:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Wouldn't that apply only if they totaled it and were taking it? Hell if that's the case I would strip it down of my options whether I had the originals or not. I did that to two of my cars with stereos systems after they paid the claim.

SSreaper

Now that I've added my Hahn Turbo kit, I need to up mt optional coverage on the Slingshot. If the other guy's insurance totals the vehicle and has it at their lot and I don't have all of my stuff covered, will I be allowed to remove and replace the options I added?

• Now that I've added my Hahn Turbo kit, I need to up mt optional coverage on the Slingshot. If the other guy's insurance totals the vehicle and has it at their lot and I don't have all of my stuff covered, will I be allowed to remove and replace the options I added?

I don't want to answer for your location...all i can say is what I have experienced. When I had my last car totaled ...a drunk driver crossed the line and hit me head on...I was unconscious. When I woke up and got out of the hospital. My car had been towed to a storage yard. I went to the yard and got my car back and had it taken to my house. I called the insurance company who sent out an adjuster who totaled it. Before they came to take it away I removed everything I wanted and let them have the rest.

My sling was stolen and vandalize...they paid me to get it fixed and I decided to do a lot of upgrades. Once I get it back I will be increasing my add on coverage.

Hope this helps.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Just the driver's side? What about balance and symmetry? :whistling:

Also, I know I've asked before, but... I'm interested in those if you aren't... :saint:

As for you question, Rab will know... He's the audio king! Great system, that isn't overdone, but done well and done loud. I want to grow up and be like him... :thumbsup:

Hey MiM,

Do you have the SSV Works 2nd generation front speaker pods?

• No, they are the oem version 1 pods, and they are carbon fibered...
    Those Gen 2s look sweet!

No, they are the oem version 1 pods, and they are carbon fibered...
    Those Gen 2s look sweet!

OK thanks. I'm trying to find out if the 2nd gen stick out less then the stock pods. So far nobody has them to be able to tell me..........

If they sit more flush, I may get them and let you have my stock pods. So hold tight until I can find someone who has these SSV pods.