I Was Bitten By An Alligator On The Way To M.V.

• Yep, It's true! We were cruising down I-85 outside Atlanta in heavy traffic just minding our own business when I seen this "alligator" get flung into my path. Of course there was no room to dodge it and no time to stop so over it we went. Sounded like it knocked the bottom outta the passenger side of the dually. Ghost Ryder immediately asked "which side is the fuel filter and fuel water separator mounted on". I thought a second and said "mine thankfully". I watched the gauges and listened for anything unusual. All seemed well so we continued on. It wasn't until we reached the motel at MV that I realized that the "alligator" had managed to take out the lighting on the trailer. I suppose that explains why some of those folks kept telling me I was #1 after lane changes. I mean I gave them a signal! Not my fault they couldn't see my tail lights through the enclosed trailer. SMH

Guess she will have something to do today in all her spare time. Glad she brought her tools with her! Thankful that we didn't cause an accident! We shall over come.

P.S. There was significant damage to the front bottom edge of the trailer on the passenger side from the impact. I'll let her wait till she gets back home to deal with that so if you see a trailer sitting around that has a huge dent in the lower front right it's ours! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Another reason for avoiding the Atlanta area.

The first being that concentration of people for no reason.

Sorry ya got bit. Hard to believe you didn't stop to check on the gator. @Guardian_Angel makes me stop for turtle rescues. Her thinking is something that slow should not be on the road. I guess turtles rank higher on her scale than me.

Don't wait for a rain shower to get those lights fixed.

Enjoy the week... it ends way too quick.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yeah we plan to jump on the light issue first thing after breakfast if it isn't raining. I don't want that shadow hanging over me all week. The only thing that I want to be worried about this week is where we are ridding to next!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Hey @Ghost glad to hear you came thru it with minimal problems. Dont worry about the gator...they get hit all the time here is Florida and they just keep on walking.
    Glad you made it to MV okay.

Enjoy your week of fun and hopefully full of Sun! Ride...take pics...and post for me to enjoy :thumbsup:

SSreaper

PS
    Tell Ghost Ryder I stop for turtles too! Not their fault we built a road right thru their back yard!

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

Edited once, last by SSREAPER ().

• @Ghost I'm gonna have to call BS on the alligator in ATL on I-85....

Really?..... Pictures of the dead gator or it didn't happen.

:D

Lived here most of my life (less three years in Vegas) and there has been maybe 2 reports on the news of an Alligator in the area... Maybe it was one of those Gega-Raccoon or even a Mega-hedgehog but Gator.... ?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• “Road Alligators” you have seen many, I’m sure . They peeled of from a recap trailer tire and wreak havoc on everything behind them and you can’t even eat the dang things. See you soon Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Thanks Mike!

We seem to have the issues with yhe trailer taken care of. Gonna find a place to temporarily park the truck and trailer and get on the sling and find a crooked road!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• “Road Alligators” you have seen many, I’m sure . They peeled of from a recap trailer tire and wreak havoc on everything behind them and you can’t even eat the dang things. See you soon Sir.

oops..... Sorry, just very exhausted I guess. Up late building tops and up early prepping the trailer. Taking a minute now to what the Monte-Carlo Grand Prix

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Oh hell I literally thought he was talking about the real thing...we have the real ones all the time. Ooooppp...my bad! :rolleyes:

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• We just call them road gators in Canada. Some can be nasty depending on how they are laying. Worst thing i ever ran over was someones steel rear truck fender. Just got on I75 outside Alanta coming home from Florida with 30ft fith wheel in tow and got into center lane to cruise and there it was. I was able to squeeze over enough to stradle with the truck but the axles on the trailer hit it and sent it flying behind me and the vehicle behind me had a blow out. I could see in my side mirror the tire explode. Unfortunatly i couldnt do anything and had to continue as the traffic was nuts. To this day i still cant believe how fast that happened

• I’ve gotten bit twice by these monsters. First time on I95 in Delaware on a 94 Harley bagger. Ripped the right highway peg off and bent the highway bar back to the floorboard. Didn’t wreck. Second time was on the NJ turnpike in my first Escalade. Slapped flat on the front bumper and blew both airbags. Insurance totaled the truck and I was sad.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I hit one a few years ago in Indiana. flipped up by the truck in front of me. Luckily it just completely blew apart the bumper cover on my Civic. I thought for sure the radiator was going to be leaking.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Now that I know what your talking about...I had one flipped in front of me while I was driving a 26 FT MAC Tool truck. I just caught it with the passenger tire and it kicked up and sheared off the air fitting to my air brakes. I lost half of the braking in the truck....I used the engine to slow down as much as I could and got off the highway. As long as I stayed slow...the half brakes would stop me. I limped it back to my storage facility and lucky for me I had a truck full of tools and got it fixed but that was a hairy day!

SSREAPER

• You know that all the alligators also have another name. In Texas on all the hot roads, we just call them TRUCK DROPPINGS. I had a tread separate on my trailer Friday in Waco ,Texas. Was lucky enough to find discount tire and bought four new ones, they were on sale, Memorial Day sale.

Keep Three Wheels Down