SSitS 2018 Memories Now Maggie Valley

• And here I was at home all week having a pity party instead of out having an adventure with all of you. Thanks for cheering me up with all the groans.

Good news! Ours is still in the Sling Shop.

Glad you all played safe!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I only heard of one sling that "accidentally" went off the road and as the story went it was because of "distracted driving" and not a loss of control situation.

All that being said I did hear of three slings that went WAY off the road in the same incident and it took quite some time to get them back to the pavement again. They went off road so bad that they were brought back to the pavement miles apart. Some at the top of the mountain and some at the bottom. Word had it that there we "Bear Hunters" and "Moon Shiners" involved in this story. For more details one could probably contact @ericastar76 or @MWSlingshot.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Alright @ericastar76 WE WANT THE WHOLE STORY!!! SPILL IT!!

SSREAPER

I got nothing... I’m innocent I tell ya! :whistling::saint::evil:

I mean, it’s not like we were part of the food chain or anything like that... Make no mistake, the SS is now a PROVEN off-road vehicle! So we even learned something new on this trip!! **BONUS KNOWLEDGE** :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I know I am going to hear about posting this from @Painter, but he deserves it.

As most of you know Jim will do everything to take attention away from his work and redirect the attention elsewhere. When the subject of the show and shine came up he was adamant about not entering it. Our son John devised a plan. He asked Jim if he took the time to clean his sling, could he enter it in the show and shine, we all knew Jim couldn't turn him down.

So Saturday morning John got up early (tough for a 14 year old) and started cleaning it. After he finished we all went for a 4 hour exhilarating ride that @FunCycle had come up with. Upon returning to MV we discovered all of John's hard work had been undone, so once again he set out to make it shine.

Now it was show time and it was lined up with all the others waiting to be judged when the heavens opened up with a down poor that splattered the wheels and sides of the sling with mud. Once the rain stopped the entrants were given 10 minutes to wipe their rides down, at which time John and a host of our forum family dove in.

So Jim's work of art had to be cleaned 3 times before it could be judged. The dirt, dust, and mud could not stop it from happening.

After the initial round of judging they selected 3 slings to pull forward. The first was a vendor show car that has rarely seen the road, the second was Felicia's who Jim has heavily influenced, and Jim's. The final round was done by popular vote where Slingers were asked to stand by the one they thought should win....It was not even close, Jim's ride won! For 2nd place they again asked for the people to vote...another win for Jim, Felicia's took 2nd!

Hey @Ruptured Duck! Your top is now a show winner!!!!

• It was well deserved... the reaper behind the girl on the hood was out of this world (I truly loved it Jim)!

Side note: I took refuge with the sling in Patrick's tent during the downpour (that was my MeanSling top for the day)! :thumbsup:

Signature.png

• After the initial round of judging they selected 3 slings to pull forward. The first was a vendor show car that has rarely seen the road, the second was Felicia's who Jim has heavily influenced, and Jim's. The final round was done by popular vote where Slingers were asked to stand by the one they thought should win....It was not even close, Jim's ride won! For 2nd place they again asked for the people to vote...another win for Jim, Felicia's took 2nd!

Hey @Ruptured Duck! Your top is now a show winner!!!!

Congrats to Jim, Felicia, and Patrick and Tina

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I only heard of one sling that "accidentally" went off the road and as the story went it was because of "distracted driving" and not a loss of control situation.

All that being said I did hear of three slings that went WAY off the road in the same incident and it took quite some time to get them back to the pavement again. They went off road so bad that they were brought back to the pavement miles apart. Some at the top of the mountain and some at the bottom. Word had it that there we "Bear Hunters" and "Moon Shiners" involved in this story. For more details one could probably contact @ericastar76 or @MWSlingshot.

The evening turned out to be a real conversation piece, that's for sure.
    Luckily no "one" or no sling was damaged from the excursion.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• The evening turned out to be a real conversation piece, that's for sure.Luckily no "one" or no sling was damaged from the excursion.

That "one" ~> who I'm sure would normally be worried about this:

Was probably feeling more like a Marine officer fresh out of OCS who's been thrust into battle with a group of seasoned fighters trying to tell them what to do... 8|

Signature.png

• Even with all of the RAIN in Maggie Valley for the week, I still managed to get right at 900 miles of riding in. Round trip from home was 1,800 miles. (NO TRAILER) I am glad everyone is making it home safe. :thumbsup::REDSS::HAULSS::DONKEYSS::POKESS:

Didn't get in as many miles of curves … just a little over 1850 total ...

• Just now trying to catch up and saw this post. I never enter shows because so many have done such wonderful work on their rides and in my opinion every one of the entries was a winner.
    John is a great person albeit a bit shy and this was his win for sure! He worked tirelessly without complaint when Mother Nature became a problem.... not one comment about the mud, water spots and the constant redo of his hard work.
    John.... you are a member of a larger family who not only loves it when you are around but also sees so much potential in you. When you are with us we are all better for it. Thank you for letting us in and for taking home the winning prize! Both Trent and Felicia are a rare gift to you and all of us...... Thank you!