SSitS 2018 Memories Now Maggie Valley

• I need some pictures of what is happening in Maggie Valley.... I am sitting here looking at this picture and its depressing me more and more. I need a pep talk ...

I’m right there with you. I texted @Goats_Hogs this morning and he said to bring an ark....definitely not reassuring. Really considering canceling at this point. I have perfect weather here and hate to drive 9 hrs to be in the rain all week....

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I need some pictures of what is happening in Maggie Valley.... I am sitting here looking at this picture and its depressing me more and more. I need a pep talk ...

what the hell are you talking about!

Funcyle, Ghostryder and myself have already completed the rattler. Now in Newport headed for foothills parkway, the dragon, wyah bald, hwy 107, BRP and down the hill to the valley for a refill.After lunch we may ride a little while cause the weather is supposed to get even better!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• what the hell are you talking about!
    Funcyle, Ghostryder and myself have already completed the rattler. Now in Newport headed for foothills parkway, the dragon, wyah bald, hwy 107, BRP and down the hill to the valley for a refill.After lunch we may ride a little while cause the weather is supposed to get even better!

I am beyond confused...the weather channel is making it seem like it’s torrential rain...for the whole week! @Ghost are you guys riding in the rain?

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I have been looking at accuweather and it looks a shitload better than the weather channel.

I have to say that I do think tomorrow and Wednesday will be pretty soggy. But Thursday and Friday and Saturday I believe will be better each day. I just cant see it hanging around that long.

I am leaving at 4am in the morning headed that way. Rain or shine. I can always go sight seeing in the Raptor on Wednesday. I will see yall tomorrow.....

• And you didn’t even invite me. :D Actually, we went with 14 Slings on a run to Bridal Veil Falls. First 2/3 of the ride was beautiful. Then rain, sun, rain, sun, and rain. Had to come back to the hotel to get dry clothes. ;(

Hopefully your new cool Jacket kept the upper half of you dry...but then again you got a fluffy one different from what we have worn so I'm kinda interested how it held up! You darn TALL guys gotta be different! LOL

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I have been looking at accuweather and it looks a shitload better than the weather channel.

I have to say that I do think tomorrow and Wednesday will be pretty soggy. But Thursday and Friday and Saturday I believe will be better each day. I just cant see it hanging around that long.

I am leaving at 4am in the morning headed that way. Rain or shine. I can always go sight seeing in the Raptor on Wednesday. I will see yall tomorrow.....

Robert, you can always help out with the body panel swaps Wednesday if you're looking for something to do. You KNOW how much that knowledge will be appreciated

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

weather channel needs viewers. I'm with @rabtech and like to use AccuWeather.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Hopefully your new cool Jacket kept the upper half of you dry...but then again you got a fluffy one different from what we have worn so I'm kinda interested how it held up! You darn TALL guys gotta be different! LOL

had the jacket with me today but we were in the truck. Got to use it when we walked around at The Highlands. Was actually glad it had a lining. 64 degrees and raining. Rain should be clearing by Wednesday. :thumbup:

• I have arrived at Stonebridge RV Park. Haven't had a drive like that in rain for quite sometime with the truck and camper. I'll see you all when the sky quits falling! :)

Be safe and dry young lady - the rain doesn't look like it will give in any time soon.
    But you never know!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My best to any and all who were able to make it out to MV this year.
    I hope the weather is good, the roads dry, and at the end of the day, the BEER IS COLD.
    Good Luck, Be Blessed.

Ride Safe Ride Smooth.

Gunny.
    Semper Fi to all my MARINE Brothers and Sisters over the world.

• Pleasant ride over to New Port. New Port to Gatlinburg wasn't too bad but once in Gatlinburg the traffic was terrible. Then once on 73 toward Townsend we got behind a string of cars going 25-30mph. By the time we got to where you enter Cades Cove I was ready to blow a gasket. Thank God they went to the Cove!

Foot Hills Parkway was great, almost no traffic at all!

Deals Gap was,,,,,,,,,,,,well the gap. It wasn't bad except or the last couple miles when we got behind traffic.

From Robbinsville through Wayah Bald Rd to Franklin I kept look'n for Noah and the ark to come floating down the creek any minute!

We went South from Franklin the took a short cut across to 107 @ Glenfield. From there North to Sylva then toward Waynesville and on to MV.

It was a good days ride for the conditions logging well over 300 miles.

Kudos to @FunCycle for putting up with us today!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868