SSitS 2018 Memories Now Maggie Valley

• Thank you as well @DER mine has been in my pocket since I got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for posting. The wife got a big smile when I showed her this. We rolled into Maggie with 54 all different and tried to spread um around

• The rest of the story please. Speeding - Crossing the yellow line - parking

No helmets... ended up giving us warnings, didn't say anything about no seat belts. He had someone lit up at bottom of Dragon, he gave us a hard look as we passed, told Rho he'll be coming for us, and he did. Really nice guy, he was in cruiser long time, thought for sure we were getting ticket.

• No helmets... ended up giving us warnings, didn't say anything about no seat belts. He had someone lit up at bottom of Dragon, he gave us a hard look as we passed, told Rho he'll be coming for us, and he did. Really nice guy, he was in cruiser long time, thought for sure we were getting ticket.

I have not worn a helmet in 2 years in N.C. a warning was good then.

• I don't think NC will mess with ya, we come past a check point a couple days back, no top... no helmets... no seat belts, they didn't even bring us in, just smiled and waved. We know not wearing helmet or seat belts in not the smartest thing, but it's our thing. Lord willing we won't have anything happen where we regret our choices.

• Never had an issue in North Carolina either, but they will pull you in Tennessee for not wearing a helmet.

We got lucky the day we all rode the Dragon didn't we Tom? I didn't even think about it, until we were near the Foothills parkway. We even passed a trouper on the Dragon. Lucky for us, he was facing the wrong way and would have had to U turn. Sitting in the curve like he was, that would have been rather dangerous.

• We got lucky the day we all rode the Dragon didn't we Tom? I didn't even think about it, until we were near the Foothills parkway. We even passed a trouper on the Dragon. Lucky for us, he was facing the wrong way and would have had to U turn. Sitting in the curve like he was, that would have been rather dangerous.

Now that I think about it we did get lucky. Never put our helmets on until the end of the Dragon.

• Word from Painter's Posse was that N.C. passed a law a couple weeks ago for no helmet in North Carolina for the Slingshot. Never did confirm.

I went to Cade's Cove in TN and got stuck in traffic on the one-way scenic loop. Hot and sweaty so took my helmet off. Ranger or volunteer walked by to get to first vehicle and get traffic moving. Told me there was a helmet law. Yes, mine is right here, but it's too hot in the stopped traffic. He said something about road so I put it on and told him I'd appreciate the traffic moving. He got it moving and I heard him say 'better' as I drove by - don't know if that meant helmet on or a question about the traffic. Of course, traffic stopped a few yards later. Only went on for 3 1/2 miles in 90 degrees.

• I never had my helmet on in NC all week. I didn't even have it on for nearly 15 miles in TN. I'm pretty sure the fine in TN is only $25 and no points, at least that was I heard in Maggie. I'm fortunate that helmets aren't mandatory here in my state and none of the surrounding states either. I do carry it if there is much chance of rain, just to be able to pull the visor down so I can see better.

• The house bill 214 in NC was approved In house and sent to the senate which they then sent it to a special rules committee it yet has been approved from their once it does it goes back to the Senate for two votes hopefully there is no changes if so it has to go back to the house. So in other words it is not legal to ride in NC without a helmet just so many do because police do not know it’s illegal. Just be careful. While we were in MV we didn’t wear ours while in town though. We wish we didn’t have to in some cases

Dee

Dee LaBaff
    “Fire n Ice” :evil::saint: