Bluetooth Questions?

• I need a little educatin on that thar blutoothin thang. I wanna pair my ss stereo with blutooth dongle/dingle/dangle berry thangamajig.

Ye might ask why'n tha tarnation I'd be itchin to try'n do sump'n lak that. Well I gots me a par of them fancy headphone thangs that I'za usin wit ah intercom deal and that'd allow me ta get ma tunes in both headset at tha same time. When'st ye do it lak that tha tunes'll quiet'n down a spell whil'st ye a talkin. Then when's ye hush the volume goes back up all on it's on but fer sum reason my ss stereo don't take to pair'n wit that dongle thanG a'tall. It'll pair wit one of tha headsets er my phone but not the dongle.

!!!!!HELP!!!!!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• On the 18' ride command stereo you can connect to it via bluetooth with your phone or a headset. I want to connect to it with a bluetooth device that will receive the music from the stereo and allow me to inject it into both headsets at the same time.

I can easily get it into one of the headsets by simply pairing that headset with the stereo but you don't get any music in the other headset like that. Gotta be a way to get it to work but I'm as dumb as a rock when it comes to stuff like this.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• BTW there is a Aux. port on the controller for each headset and I am not beyond tapping into the speaker wires and picking it up and injecting it there but I was really looking for something that would be plug and play.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ok, now that’s clarified lol...so your intercom system has a Bluetooth module that both headsets connect to?

Nope! I wish it did. The intercom has an aux port that I can plug something into and it will supply that audio to both headsets,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I do it that way I loose the option for the audio to be muted when we speak to each other. If I supply the audio to the aux port on the headsets themselves or through blue tooth then we retain that option plus the audio is 10 times better. That is the reason I wanted to connect to the dongle and then plug the dongle into a splitter harness and plug the other ends of the harness into the headsets.

The current hurdle I'm trying to get over is how to get my factory stereo to connect to the dongle. It connects fine to "a" headset or a phone but not the dongle?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• So the dongle is for your intercom? And the dongle has Bluetooth? If so my best guess is manufacture designed it to only communicate with the system and it’s not broadcasting an SSID.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• The dongle is an independent piece of equipment designed to receive Bluetooth signal and then input that audio into another device via a physical connection.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @Ghost, if'n ya got them thar SENA units, my understanding is that the SS Bluetooth connects to one headset for music, then that headset connects to the 2nd unit. I'm installing mine now and don't have first hand experience with the setup yet but have read this here on the forum. I don't really plan on using mine for music for safety reasons but will likely play around with it. I've also read that music quality is poor on these units.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The dongle is an independent piece of equipment designed to receive Bluetooth signal and then input that audio into another device via a physical connection.

Ok, so then the dongle won't connect to the radio unless they included an aux port on the 18'

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• @Ghost, if'n ya got them thar SENA units, my understanding is that the SS Bluetooth connects to one headset for music, then that headset connects to the 2nd unit. I'm installing mine now and don't have first hand experience with the setup yet but have read this here on the forum. I don't really plan on using mine for music for safety reasons but will likely play around with it. I've also read that music quality is poor on these units.

Nah, I don't have the senea's I have zulu 3's

Ok, so then the dongle won't connect to the radio unless they included an aux port on the 18'

It is suppose to connect to the stereo via blue tooth then plug into a headset ect but it won't connect?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868