Slightly used 2015 base model for sale

• Some vehicles hold their value better than others...we all would like them to have a better resale value...appearently slingshot isn’t one of those...I’d like to be able to say I made a smart money decision with my SS purchase ....I feel like a fool now....BIGTIME... I’m thousands over in mods...and still climbing...I need an intervention....help...

If you are purchasing vehicles based on their believed future resale value rather than current cost, form, and function I can understand your disappointment

First step is admitting you have a problem

• I have to admit that it is a wee bit disappointing when a three year old SlingShot can be had at half, or less then it's original value.
    But, I think the biggest misunderstanding most folks have with the SlingShot is believing that mods add value and then become disappointed when they cannot get a return when they do try to sell.

Bill

Thats why I keep all my original parts...if I ever do go to sell it I put them back on and sell the mods separately....at least thats what the voices are telling me....right after the SPEND MORE MONEY ON MODS voices

SSreap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Our Slingshot are basically throwaway cheap plastic toys. Ones many of us can and do modify. My philosophy on my toys is every penny spent on them is never to be seen again, including the purchase price. So have fun. Don’t worry about resale value of a toy. Cause there ain’t much to be had!!!

• Any expectation of resale value comes with time and history. Toyota and Honda are examples. What on Earth would give anyone an expectation that the Slingshot would hold it's value with zero history? Plus it's made by Polaris. Have you owned any of their other 'vehicles'? I bought mine new even though I've never bought a new vehicle in my life - other than my Kubota tractor (tool, not toy). Be serious @Bigdog, you did not buy this as an investment. Even your ridiculous posts indicate that you are much smarter than that. Smile and ride!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I think I have said this before but every time I write a check for a toy I always assume it to be a full write off, I never expect a penny back so resale never factors in my purchase decisions

I don't keep any stock parts so if I ever sell it, it will go as is.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Here's something you may not have thought about. Someone hits you and totals your ride. The insurance company makes a settlement that does not cover all of your mods. You can remove and keep the items that you can replace with stock items. Been there, done that.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• They will cover up to $3000 worth won’t they? I read that somewhere....now just like diamond rings and art work...you can probably buy a rider to cover all your mods... $$$$$$

Just like buying sewer back up coverage...most policies don’t cover it...you have to request it for a modest fee...

• Investment??? Wait....did I go about this all wrong??? Dang it...we really missed the boat on this one!!!
    We bought our Sling brand new without any thought to a return on our investment. I guess that explains why we are not investment counselors :whistling:

We bought ours because it was the PERFECT vehicle to replace our bike. The wife could no longer ride in the "2 Up" position due to degrading back issues and we were searching for an acceptable replacement for the beloved bike.

Enter the Slingshot......love at first sight. 1 test drive later and the wife ordered ours and surprised me with it. We have had ours for almost 4 years and what precious little spare time we have has been spent enjoying the roads together. And as an unexpected bonus....we have had the honor of meeting, and making, some awesome new friends we never would have done without our Sling.

My friends....that is the return on our investment. My wife and I consider that.......PRICELESS!!!!
    We have no intention of selling our Sling <3 ...it is part of our family now, as are many of you!!!!....Nuff Said......

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• It's a toy not an investment. As with all my toys I bought it to play with. You pay to ride a rollercoaster to have fun without wondering how to get the money back.
    Enjoy the ride or sit home and count your pennies.