Slightly used 2015 base model for sale

• I stopped to talk to the owner tonight... it’s gray....very clean...upgraded seats. Removable steering wheel...different wheels..shift knob and e brake handle changed... couldn’t see any other changes..no infotainment or back up camera..

1200 miles....tires look brand new... dropped the price from $17000 to $16000... he ordered it new...

• Well, we all know how that goes...i just thought I would throw it out there for him...I paid $20,000 for mine a year ago with 720 miles on it.....the dealer upgraded it to an SL. And added a roof...the roof sold me....

He had a couple there looking when I pulled up..

• I bought 2016 black base model last year just to resell and it had almost no miles on it for 14,000.00. Deals are out there.

@'Bigdog he may get a few calls at that price. But I think he would need to be at least 500 to 1000 cheaper to get the sale. The sad truth is that all those accessories dont help at all. They probably will hurt his chances of getting top dollar.

I have a bajillion dollars in my sling but it's actually only worth around 14,000.00. The only time it would be worth more is if you had a buyer that really just wanted it like it is. And they would have to have the cash because the bank wont typically loan more than book values. I would put it back as stock as possible and sell off all the goodies if I were trying and sell mine.

• I bought 2016 black base model last year just to resell and it had almost no miles on it for 14,000.00. Deals are out there.

@'Bigdog he may get a few calls at that price. But I think he would need to be at least 500 to 1000 cheaper to get the sale. The sad truth is that all those accessories dont help at all. They probably will hurt his chances of getting top dollar.

I have a bajillion dollars in my sling but it's actually only worth around 14,000.00. The only time it would be worth more is if you had a buyer that really just wanted it like it is. And they would have to have the cash because the bank wont typically loan more than book values. I would put it back as stock as possible and sell off all the goodies if I were trying and sell mine.

@rabtech
    There is no way you could ever sell yours....theres a law against selling body parts in this country...and you have enough blood, sweat and tears in yours that it could be classified as such!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• What’s the prediction when they start using a different motor? Good sales or sales drop?

Depending on what the new motor is, I would guess someone wanting to mod out a sling for performance would want the ecotech motor because there are a crazy amount of performance options for that engine. A new Polaris motor may be harder to mod off the shelf.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Depending on what the new motor is, I would guess someone wanting to mod out a sling for performance would want the ecotech motor because there are a crazy amount of performance options for that engine. A new Polaris motor may be harder to mod off the shelf.

I would agree....its a wait and see game.

I didnt buy my sling with investment ideas...i bought it because I had a momentary crack in my Psyche which let the voices back in and they told me to do it!! 8|

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• What’s the prediction when they start using a different motor? Good sales or sales drop?

The dealer in which we purchased our SlingShot from sold a trade in low mile 2015 SSSL last year for $15,000.

We have heard from a group that did a tour of the Polaris factory that were told that there will be a new engine for the 2019 model, but no specifics were given. Whatever the engine is, I will be willing to bet that it will be lighter than the Ecotech. Polaris is tied in with Subaru Corporation, and also have their own line of Liberty engines for their ATV's, so there are several possibilities.
    Bill

• So basically they don’t hold their value....no matter how much or what kind of options you put on them...

Not a very good selling point

Who bought it for the resale value?

What sales person said it will be worth more the moment you drive it off the lot is the best reason to buy one?

How is this different than any car you drive off the lot today or current motorcycle for matter?

Confused2

• Who bought it for the resale value?
    What sales person said it will be worth more the moment you drive it off the lot is the best reason to buy one?

How is this different than any car you drive off the lot today or current motorcycle for matter?

Confused2

It was the VOICES im telling you...THE VOICES!!

SSreaper

• So basically they don’t hold their value....no matter how much or what kind of options you put on them...

Not a very good selling point

I have to admit that it is a wee bit disappointing when a three year old SlingShot can be had at half, or less then it's original value.

But, I think the biggest misunderstanding most folks have with the SlingShot is believing that mods add value and then become disappointed when they cannot get a return when they do try to sell.

Bill

• Who bought it for the resale value?

Confused2

Some vehicles hold their value better than others...we all would like them to have a better resale value...appearently slingshot isn’t one of those...I’d like to be able to say I made a smart money decision with my SS purchase ....I feel like a fool now....BIGTIME... I’m thousands over in mods...and still climbing...I need an intervention....help...

• Guys,Gals this is a toy at best, and very unique one in the marketplace. I would say this purchase would be worse than owning a B.O.A.T. for example for depreciation. So enjoy the ride, and know the memories will be priceless to you later on! Keep on riding.