Test drive this afternoon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I was taught by my best friend when I was 13, he was 18...he would let me drive around the deserted shopping mall...until I actually hit the mall...LOL It was a while before he let me try again. Then there was a time he was teaching me to back up and God I wish I was making this up but...I literally backed up and over (yes under the rear bumper and out the front bumper) a small tree. He was laughing so hard he couldn't get mad at me.

SSreaper
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • SSREAPER wrote:

I was taught by my best friend when I was 13, he was 18...he would let me drive around the deserted shopping mall...until I actually hit the mall...LOL It was a while before he let me try again. Then there was a time he was teaching me to back up and God I wish I was making this up but...I literally backed up and over (yes under the rear bumper and out the front bumper) a small tree. He was laughing so hard he couldn't get mad at me.

SSreaper
      good thing you are on the other side of the country :rolleyes:
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob & Solid Sway Bar
    • edwardaneal wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

I was taught by my best friend when I was 13, he was 18...he would let me drive around the deserted shopping mall...until I actually hit the mall...LOL It was a while before he let me try again. Then there was a time he was teaching me to back up and God I wish I was making this up but...I literally backed up and over (yes under the rear bumper and out the front bumper) a small tree. He was laughing so hard he couldn't get mad at me.

SSreaper
      Naa the ARMY fixed that problem right away! Hell they fixed a few problems...LOL

SSREAPER
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • SSREAPER wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

SSREAPER wrote:

SSreaper
      Naa the ARMY fixed that problem right away! Hell they fixed a few problems...LOL
      SSREAPER
      military has a way of doing that - - and thank you very much for your service
    • edwardaneal wrote:

One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic? back in the 60's my dad taught me in a rental car so I wouldn't hurt his car - always seemed like a good idea
      Yep. In Curacao. Not a Ferrari or Lamborghini. A Kia. There were 100 cars in the lot last summer and they gave me that piece of...machinery. Worth the trip though - it was our 30th anniversary. Next week is 31.
      It's a hybrid - it burns gas AND rubber!
    • SlingLow wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic? back in the 60's my dad taught me in a rental car so I wouldn't hurt his car - always seemed like a good idea
      Yep. In Curacao. Not a Ferrari or Lamborghini. A Kia. There were 100 cars in the lot last summer and they gave me that piece of...machinery. Worth the trip though - it was our 30th anniversary. Next week is 31.
      congratulations on 31 years - - believe it or not today, May 26 is the 21st anniversary of Sara and my first date
    • edwardaneal wrote:

SlingLow wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

congratulations on 31 years - - believe it or not today, May 26 is the 21st anniversary of Sara and my first date
      Have they ever met each other over the years? I mean, 21 years and a slingshot? Man, you must be doing somethin' right
      If your carpet has to match the drapes,
      shouldn't your trailer match your Slingshot?

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.