Test drive this afternoon

• Miss N and I took a little Test Drive this afternoon.

Miss N got some left seat time on the way to the foot of the Dragon. A little slow in the corners and tends to lug the engine a bit. But, she’s getting the hang of it.

She drove from the hoist to lunch on Greenback then to the foot of the Dragon. From there it was my turn.

I love the ride up to Deals Gap and back. Especially on weekdays. Traffic if fairly light and there are always interesting people and rides in the parking lot.

We saw this interesting home built trike. It is based on a Yamaha twin and a front end of the owners own invention. He says that this is the third one he has built. He lives in Kansas City.

And a ride on the Dragon isn’t complete without the obligatory photo. So, here ‘tis...

Yep, the Tail of the Dragon is open for business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Nancy loves the SS. Much more than any of the two wheelers we have ever owned. She can see where we are going and we can communicate much easier.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic? back in the 60's my dad taught me in a rental car so I wouldn't hurt his car - always seemed like a good idea

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic? back in the 60's my dad taught me in a rental car so I wouldn't hurt his car - always seemed like a good idea

Yes you can....they are ferrari's and lamborgini's

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Yes you can....they are ferrari's and lamborgini's

I was thinking more along the lines of a fiat 500

• Well you can....but what fun would that be? :thumbup:
    SSreaper

if I rented the vehicles you suggest there would be a very good chance I might forget it was to teach my Sara

• LOL, Justina gets almost as much left seat time as I do, but, back to topic, stupid question here, why not just teach her in the Slingshot?
    Bill

less wear and tear, plus I think she would be more relaxed knowing if she messed up it wouldn't hurt anything that she cares about

when my dad taught me in a rental it was so he could be more relaxed knowing I wouldnt hurt his porsche so it could be for me as well =O

• less wear and tear, plus I think she would be more relaxed knowing if she messed up it wouldn't hurt anything that she cares about
    when my dad taught me in a rental it was so he could be more relaxed knowing I wouldnt hurt his porsche so it could be for me as well =O

One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic?

less wear and tear, plus I think she would be more relaxed knowing if she messed up it wouldn't hurt anything that she cares about

In a large parking lot with no other cars in it, on a Sunday afternoon would work real well

• One of these days I need to teach my wife to drive with a manual transmission. Does anyone know if it is still possible to rent a car that is not an automatic?

In a large parking lot with no other cars in it, on a Sunday afternoon would work real well

I agree - my father taught me in the parking lot of the Santa Anita race track - when the time comes to teach my Sara we have a mall that is closed with a parking lot that should be a good place to start

• I was never formally taught how to drive a stick shift where my first "lessons' were when my uncle and I would go fishing in his pickup. He would stop along a favorite fishing creek, get out and tell me to take the pickup down to a certain point, and then he would take off fishing. I would then jackrabbit, kill the engine, whatever down the dirt road to that point, drop off the truck and fish on downstream to where he would leave the truck for me. That that is how we would spend the day and eventually I finally got the hang of it. But then, I was driving grain trucks by the time I was 12 or 13, there is an advantage to growing up in a rural environment. :D

Bill

• I was never formally taught how to drive a stick shift where my first "lessons' were when my uncle and I would go fishing in his pickup. He would stop along a favorite fishing creek, get out and tell me to take the pickup down to a certain point, and then he would take off fishing. I would then jackrabbit, kill the engine, whatever down the dirt road to that point, drop off the truck and fish on downstream to where he would leave the truck for me. That that is how we would spend the day and eventually I finally got the hang of it. But then, I was driving grain trucks by the time I was 12 or 13, there is an advantage to growing up in a rural environment. :D

Bill

before my father taught me in a car I had actually learned the general principals riding a motorcycle. Bought my first, a Honda 100 at the dealer, and had to learn it to ride it home. I think it made learning in a cam much easier.

• My dad took me out into the middle of the desert in his ‘54 Chevy pick’em up. Put me in the driver seat and said GO!

Stalled it a few times but got the feel after a while. My first car was a 66 Tempest with 3 on the tree. Got real good going up against Mustangs and Cameron’s.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter