Check Engine Code O 0520230 31

• I have a 2016 SL/LE slingshot and was having issues with the check engine code 0 0520230 31. It turns out that this is from leaving your key in the accessory position for a long period of time and you can clear the error code. On my slingshot I was getting the code, would have no cruise control and the ESP Intervention indicator would come on and stay on. I would clear the error code but it always came back. So after so trial and error I found out what was causing it. If I leave the key in the start position and not starting the vehicle right away I end up with this issue.I didn't even turn the key to the accessory position. So now as soon as I turn the key to the start position I have to start the vehicle right away to prevent for getting the error code and other issues. Do not know why this happens and am trying to get in touch with Polaris to see if they can tell me anything. So I hope this info helps any of you that are having the same issue.

• You need to have your dealer check it out. I always turn the key on and wait till the computer makes its cycle before pushing the start button. Always did that on my first SS too and my wife does it with her's. Never had that code.
    Also, WELCOME!

• I have a 2016 SL/LE slingshot and was having issues with the check engine code 0 0520230 31. It turns out that this is from leaving your key in the accessory position for a long period of time and you can clear the error code. On my slingshot I was getting the code, would have no cruise control and the ESP Intervention indicator would come on and stay on. I would clear the error code but it always came back. So after so trial and error I found out what was causing it. If I leave the key in the start position and not starting the vehicle right away I end up with this issue.I didn't even turn the key to the accessory position. So now as soon as I turn the key to the start position I have to start the vehicle right away to prevent for getting the error code and other issues. Do not know why this happens and am trying to get in touch with Polaris to see if they can tell me anything. So I hope this info helps any of you that are having the same issue.

That is a normal function if the ignition key is left in the accessory OR the on position for 5 minutes. To conserve battery power, it deactivates the epas (electronic power assist steering). I wasn't sure if the c/c was deactivated when the epas warning is on, but that makes sense.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• the error he is getting will clear itself once you start it and drive away in a normal time frame. If you turn the key forward and dont start it fairly quick it will turn off the power steering and the check engine is the only way the slingshot can tell you that info. So it's really not a problem. It's just communicating to the driver that if he hits the start button and drives off he wont have power steering.

• As @funinthesun and @rabtech stated above...

Turning the key to on or accessory position for more than five minutes will shutdown the powersteering assist and will trigger the lights to notify the driver that that system has shutdown.

I use the accessory position to set the GPS before heading out just to keep from idling the engine...
    Then I go to the "Off" position, to "On", wait for gauge boot sequence then "Start button".

The owners manual covers correct starting sequence, dash symbols, and other should know info...
    Good reading when caught up on the forum.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• ou need to have your dealer check it out. I always turn the key on and wait till the computer makes its cycle before pushing the start button. Always did that on my first SS too and my wife does it with her's. Never had that code.
    Also, WELCOME!

I used to do the same thing and that is how I found out where the check engine code would come up. I have never had have any issues with my power steering but I do not have any cruise control and my ESP Intervention fault indicator would light up. So I can not allow the computer to cycle now. I have to start it right away or have the issues.