My words of caution to all my forum family members about wet roads.

• @KayTwo very good explanation of things. I will just add that if the hump is big enough and there were no plans to replace that section of road, we grind the jumps down with a road grinder attached to a skidster. You are right that "do nothing" is usually the course of action.

well, it dawned on me that the do-nothing course of action isn't always exactly, strictly, do nothing. Where I grew up, they would just put up a sign, one of the diagonal yellow caution type signs, that would just say "Frost heave," and leave it at that.

• This is excellent advice that everyone should be aware of before heading out in the wet road conditions. I bought my SAS April 4, 2015 not knowing of this website at that time and more importantly not knowing of the dangers of wet roads and slingshots.

I might just say my first weekend was a very exciting weekend driving around the pacific northwest Oregon. As I was nearing the end of my ride heading into Portland Oregon and then south on I-5 into Salem, Portland was very wet in fact heavy rain and I just held the wheel steady at 70 mph never had a problem. A test of fait that I prevailed for from.

Some 3 1/2 years later with wider tires and by far a lot less water on the road I was not so lucky. In fact 2 times that same day September 8, 2018 I hydroplaned. I will post “hydroplaning” to read more details on

• This is excellent advice that everyone should be aware of before heading out in the wet road conditions. I bought my SAS April 4, 2015 not knowing of this website at that time and more importantly not knowing of the dangers of wet roads and slingshots.

I might just say my first weekend was a very exciting weekend driving around the pacific northwest Oregon. As I was nearing the end of my ride heading into Portland Oregon and then south on I-5 into Salem, Portland was very wet in fact heavy rain and I just held the wheel steady at 70 mph never had a problem. A test of fait that I prevailed for from.

Some 3 1/2 years later with wider tires and by far a lot less water on the road I was not so lucky. In fact 2 times that same day September 8, 2018 I hydroplaned. I will post “hydroplaning” to read more details on

you point out that you now have wider tires - - it is my understanding that wider tires actually hydroplane easier than narrow tires A link on the subject

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I do a lot of Mountain Driving in the North Georgia Mountains. When there is just a mist in the air, you have to be super cautious on the curves and lower the speed as the mist will coat the road. Now this becomes very slippery, just the other day, I found this out on Blood Mountain. Now I have never had the back end brake loose and start going toward the front, well this happened. I could feel the mist in the air, but it was not raining and had not rained. I came into a sharp curve, as I entered the curve which curved to the driver side, the back end broke loose and I felt it sliding, I did some steering and off the gas and I fished tailed a couple of times and I was back under control. This was my "Oh Shit" moment that @rabtech is talking of. I feel the ESP and traction control helped me out of a potentially bad situation. Folks, Mist is an invisible enemy. Take strong caution when you feel it in the air and are on any roads. Another thing in the mountains we must worry for is the leaves on the road when wet. They are murder, so watch your speed when wet leaves are on the road.
    Wet Leaves and Mist can be just as bad as Rain.

• I do a lot of Mountain Driving in the North Georgia Mountains. When there is just a mist in the air, you have to be super cautious on the curves and lower the speed as the mist will coat the road. Now this becomes very slippery, just the other day, I found this out on Blood Mountain. Now I have never had the back end brake loose and start going toward the front, well this happened. I could feel the mist in the air, but it was not raining and had not rained. I came into a sharp curve, as I entered the curve which curved to the driver side, the back end broke loose and I felt it sliding, I did some steering and off the gas and I fished tailed a couple of times and I was back under control. This was my "Oh Shit" moment that @rabtech is talking of. I feel the ESP and traction control helped me out of a potentially bad situation. Folks, Mist is an invisible enemy. Take strong caution when you feel it in the air and are on any roads. Another thing in the mountains we must worry for is the leaves on the road when wet. They are murder, so watch your speed when wet leaves are on the road.
    Wet Leaves and Mist can be just as bad as Rain.

You also need to add gravel or rocks in the center of the lane. You can be traveling straight and the back will step out. In the turns I think this is worse that the leaves or the wet road.

• Don't forget the road apples left behind by all those damn Amish buggies...……..No emission control regs on the horses asses in PA yet and speaking of PA and wet roads...….PennDOT in its infinite wisdom last fall I think it was put some kind of coating on I-80 from the Limestoneville/Milton exit to the Rt 15 exit and then discovered when it got wet it got slippery hell my 18 wheeler would break loose just riding along...……….they even put temp signs up slippery when wet next 5 miles or whatever it is...…...Now they are milling it up and repaving after numerous accidents on that stretch of road...…..I would drive out of my way with the Slingshot just to avoid that stretch of road...…...nothing like making it even more interesting

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• Don't forget the road apples left behind by all those damn Amish buggies...……..No emission control regs on the horses asses in PA yet and speaking of PA and wet roads...….PennDOT in its infinite wisdom last fall I think it was put some kind of coating on I-80 from the Limestoneville/Milton exit to the Rt 15 exit and then discovered when it got wet it got slippery hell my 18 wheeler would break loose just riding along...……….they even put temp signs up slippery when wet next 5 miles or whatever it is...…...Now they are milling it up and repaving after numerous accidents on that stretch of road...…..I would drive out of my way with the Slingshot just to avoid that stretch of road...…...nothing like making it even more interesting

Guess Penn Dot never learns....Many years ago they paved stretches of Rt 6 with some kind of pink/purple asphalt , And it was like goose sh*t when wet, And after it wore down a little it was like glass... Slippery like wet cobblestones......

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Guess Penn Dot never learns....Many years ago they paved stretches of Rt 6 with some kind of pink/purple asphalt , And it was like goose sh*t when wet, And after it wore down a little it was like glass... Slippery like wet cobblestones......

Who was the genius in charge of pre application testing? Sounds to me like here’s a bunch of money for you to use this untested product. Never mind the people’s lives we put in danger...money can fix that...