Driver footwell heat issue

• So what have others with 15/16 SS done to block the hot air blowing through peddle openings etc in the “ firewall” of the drivers side footwell??

• A lot of us cut foam or used heat tape to block off holes
    located all over the firewall to include the glovebox and entertainment tunnels. Other things such as adding vents, windwings, replacing the stock exhaust, carpet or floor mats, modifying windshields...

Here is a link to one of @samowens44 early videos that deal with different approaches to heat...
    He has many others.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• So what have others with 15/16 SS done to block the hot air blowing through peddle openings etc in the “ firewall” of the drivers side footwell??

This is one of those aspects of the Sling that I will need to address this summer. I will try several options from covering over holes to air ducts. Have wondered if the windshield could have built in air scoops that would route air into / through the dash. Have thought about hood scoops to force cooler air into the engine bay. Wondered if someone could build a molded air scoop hanging from the mirror mounts and route air into the foot well.

I may also install the DDM oil cooler to possibly help cool the engine. Or something like an electric bilge air blower to pull cooler air into the footwell.

Not sure what or how but will be trying something this year.

No matter where I position my right leg, one of the holes in the firewall directs hot air onto my right shin and it starts to drive ME nuts after an hour or more drive.

• If you still have the original muffler Polaris made a heat reduction kit for the early models. Basically a heat shield for the muffler and new radiator shroud. I owned a 2015 first and now a 2016.5

The system does make a difference and might be worth looking into.

I have a carpet kit that does help to knock down some heat but does not cover the holes I believe you are talking about.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

AC duck tape ( the aluminum type)...flexible ..easy to cut...sticks to anything..paint it black.....just cover the openings around the pedals and it will completely stop the hot air from coming thru....now some buddys up north due to cold weather like their nuts heated.....2c

• This helps. It's a smaller shop vac hose.

In the picture with the tube, you can see some of the foam @BryanL installed. A bit excessive but works.

If using foam, cut a one inch thick piece of dense foam, to oversize size and shape needed. Then make a slice to each side the length of the foam, so that it looks like a super squashed `H`. Insert half the foam of the cut slot through the firewall with the remaining half inside. This works well around the pedal areas. Just make sure it does not interfere with pedal operation.

If you pull the infotainment center, you will discover that you can pretty much reach staight through to the engine. Yep, that infotainment box gets super hot. Cut a block of foam to block off that hole.

Another point of heat, is to the driver's right knee and passenger's left knee where the colored console overlaps the black tub. If you run your fingers along there you will feel a half inch gap where the heat from the trans tunnel pumps in. About eight inches in length. Poke some foam in there.

To the forward upper left corner drivers foot tub and forward upper right passenger foot tub, the frame passes through the fire wall and has a hole about the size of your fist. Poke foam there.

Glove box hinge area. Yep, holes there too. Don't be a @rabtech and break the hinge.

Good thing about foam... you can pull the foam out for winter and think you are warmer.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Hey @airoutlaw for a moment I thought you were a fellow south Floridian with those numbers...of course those are our numbers in the winter!! 8|

As for the cup holder...i only use that for my coffee....stays toasty hot all day long :rolleyes:

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I would like to know if anyone here has actually tried this "cool vent" - it looks interesting, but before I spend my money I would like to hear from someone other than the guy trying to sell them

Cool vent - 4th video down is the slingshot

Here in the desert with days often well into the 100's the only time the foot well heat ever really bothers me is when I get stuck at a light so even with something like this I would probably still have the same problem, unless I could find a way to add a fan

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies