Driver footwell heat issue

• I would like to know if anyone here has actually tried this "cool vent" - it looks interesting, but before I spend my money I would like to hear from someone other than the guy trying to sell them

Cool vent - 4th video down is the slingshot

Here in the desert with days often well into the 100's the only time the foot well heat ever really bothers me is when I get stuck at a light so even with something like this I would probably still have the same problem, unless I could find a way to add a fan

Gonna say, save your money...

That air is going to come from the same area that @samowens44 tapped a long time ago. His method is cheaper and requires no cutting...

Here's his video with a fan he added... without a fan, price is reduced and only works in motion... I did it without fan as most folks.

@mniron also did an air vent under the splash guard using a gauge case and vent, but I was unable to find a link to it.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The Mniron “true floorboard vent” thread no longer exists on the dark side. The Cool Vent IMO is a joke, not placed well and overpriced. When I did the “true floorboard vent” the cost of the parts were less than $20.00 for both. I am still using my vents as I installed in 2015. I doubt the parts are available that I used but here are some pictures so you get the idea.

• The Mniron “true floorboard vent” thread no longer exists on the dark side. The Cool Vent IMO is a joke, not placed well and overpriced. When I did the “true floorboard vent” the cost of the parts were less than $20.00 for both. I am still using my vents as I installed in 2015. I doubt the parts are available that I used but here are some pictures so you get the idea.

so what is that "scoop" part that you used on the outside?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a system that really works and dumps a lot of air into the footwells. There are pictures of the older system on here somewhere but had to reinvent after I put the UP Top on. They are mounted for the trip to SSITS if anyone wants to take pictures to post on the INFO FORUM. I have also put some vents to divert the air on the UP Top, I have no low pressure area in the cockpit now.

• This does work, but there is not a lot of free air coming in at this location. I will bring the pieces that I made up for this location to Maggie Valley if anyone wants them. The collector box and the hose to dump into the foot well. It does work and a lot better than the single hose that Sam is using in the video. I ran this set up for two summers. Send me a message if you want it.

• I got the vent and installed them. Good idea but very little heat relief. Not enough air flow thu. 1 1/2 sump pump hose from the top holes onto floor work a lot better. Put some kind of end on the hose inside to stop the whistle. I used shop vac ends less than $2 and look pretty good. YouTube Polaris slingshot heat relief.

• just got back from Maggie Valley. Had a blast but hit a dear (the dear hit me) about 20 min. from home in Illinois. Just took out passenger headlight and plastic. Had a Canadian light kit w plastic installed when I got to the run. Had to have the front tire taken off and the dear hair removed. But other than that I had a blast and met a lot of awesome people. Looking forward to Colorado run next month. Using all my vacation time at work but well worth it.

• As most know I love to be a "story topper". Well some times I do. But this is genuinely one story I wish I couldn't top.

This was on the passenger side....

I actually melted my wife's shoe to the floorboard in Panama City Beach. The whole time she kept telling me her side was hot and that her feet were burning up... And knowing what I do about the heat issues (the air temp being hot and the floor being a bit hot) I kept calling her a wimp. She insisted that it was unbearable and she wanted to hang her feet over the rail because of the heat. Thank goodness I told her to go for it.....

a little backstory......Before leaving for Panama City I didnt have time to bolt Ruptured Ducks new carpet in so I had just loosely laid it in to make it look good inside the cockpit. It stayed in place anyway and didn't move around. When it was time to load the Slingshot on the trailer and head back home after 5 days of fun in Panama City I went to pull the carpet out to keep it from blowing out on the way home. When I pulled the carpet up on her side it was kinda stuck to the floor. I though one of the adhesive pads had somehow stuck the mat to the floor. NOPE! The turn in the exhaust was so close to my firewall that it had melted and there was a hole in the plastic floorboard. Talk about feeling like an asshole....I had to apologize to her several times for calling her a whimp. He poor little shoes actually had black melted floorboard on the bottom. 8)

And because of my melted floorboard no one else will have to worry about their turbo setup doing this...I had not planned on the turn in my exhaust right when it exited the turbo to get that hot..... DUH!!! I wrapped it with lava wrap and it's cool now.

Future kits wont make the turn the way mine did.. That still didn't make me feel any better for kidding Allison about being a wimp...... :S

• As we were coming back to Georgetown today, temps were running 100 to 104. No problems with the foot well heat though with my two vent systems working.

Sure wished you would slow down so the guy with a camera could get a few shots of your floorboard ventilation.

Might be some regrets with a few of us going all Flintstone on the floorboards...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Sure wished you would slow down so the guy with a camera could get a few shots of your floorboard ventilation.
    Might be some regrets with a few of us going all Flintstone on the floorboards...

You probably saw it last year but did not pay any attention to it. Back before SSITS18 I also did something with the UPTOP and I no longer have that dead zone in the cockpit in between the seats. After today I know that works.