company ethics? copycat products? would you support this?

• they look very different to me. Much more so than other options I have seen

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• they look very different to me. Much more so than other options I have seen

clean your eyes...........

It would be one thing if they improved them, lets say they were to offer one that was carbon which @Bob Runman doesn't offer, that could be seen as ok but just copying his product after 2 years, not cool. :00000003:

If he had stopped providing them (aka discontinued) then they would have a reason and a point to offer them.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Honestly the original looks WAY better than the copycat. What steered me away from the original product was cost. I could achieve the same effect (vent the hood) for much cheaper fabricating my own. It also sets me apart. However... I recommend your product to others often.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• clean your eyes...........
    It would be one thing if they improved them, lets say they were to offer one that was carbon which @Bob Runman doesn't offer, that could be seen as ok but just copying his product after 2 years, not cool. :00000003:

If he had stopped providing them (aka discontinued) then they would have a reason and a point to offer them.

yes they both look like they tried to intimate to look of the factory insert, but they are not the same the shape of the vent openings/flaps is very different.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, there are only so many ways to fit something in that spot...so the uniqueness of the opening dictates the size and shape of the vent replacement...

That said, if you have deep pockets you could get lawyers to go after them and hope a judge or jury sees things your way....yes there is a similarity as far as the opening goes... the actual fins look different...now the fact that there are 4 fins....Polaris has you beat on that....

The situation sucks but it’s been going on for many many years....if it wasn’t a good idea...nobody would want to copy it..

I’m going to start working on a front end gap filler and mine is going to have to look different than the ones already out there.....and once you put it on the net without a patent...all bets are offf.... so you put it out or sit on it until the protections are in place...and since I don’t have mass manufacturing capabilities ...what do you do?

I feel for you...I do like the way yours looks...

• I know nothing about twist dynamics at all but their products remind me of other products I’ve seen before. Not saying they’re knockoffs it just like everytime they do a product release I feel I’ve seen the product already. I am a idiot so I’m probably wrong.

• :00008356: Are you freaking serious? If that's the case, what about wheels? The only difference is the spokes, how many rims are on the market? or the sway bars. Let me guess,.. the thickness is better or worse. I think heads should roll with the steering wheels too. Don't even get me started with the tread pattern on tires! :00008172: Get a life people

• If constant use and promoting of the vent name has been more than a year by legal standards you have the strongest copyright to that name. Engine venting accessories are so common a utility patent would be almost impossible to get but a design patent would have more than likely been possible. Sadly patents are expesive and time consuming to aquire. Unfortunately yes these look very similar as do a lot of front splitter designs as well. This all sucks because I could just as easily have the same thing happen to me. At minimum you should get the name changed and the copy corrected if truely pulled from your sight.

We as consumers just need to be aware of what we are buying at all times.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Yes it is..... I’m worried to death about water touching anything under the hood!

Sorry I don’t like the idea of the open vents...not crazy about the water running onto the coil packs....sounds like a moisture nightmare..

Yes it is..... I’m worried to death about water touching anything under the hood!

I have been running the open vents for what 2 and 1/2 years. I have never had a problem, been through many a rain storm. Also many of those afternoon rains in Maggie Valley.