company ethics? copycat products? would you support this?

• I just remember going to the quarter car wash (in the old days it was a quarter) to wash “gunk” degreaser off the motors and having to leave the motor running so you could drive it home...if not it wouldn’t start...it would miss, kick and buck the whole time you were squirting it...you had to give it a quick spray and move to a different spot after making sure what you just did wasn’t going to kill it. And play with the throttle from under the air cleaner to rev it up..

Deliberately dumping water on a motor wasn’t recommended..

And when you were done you were soaked because the fan was spraying the water all over you and the rest of the car ....you did the motor first and then washed the car...

• The vent just happens to be right over the coils...if it was over a different spot I might feel differently about it being open..old school flashbacks..

Dint know why we try. We tell you how we have running theses things with the hood cut wide open. Been through down pours that accumulated 1 inch of water inside, washed all the time with a hose, and never dried it off. NO PROBLEMS. Please, if l someone has the politeness to answer something you say, try taking it for what it said.
    I actually started reading your posts again a couple of weeks ago, now you are going back to your old ways. Good bye.

• Dint know why we try. We tell you how we have running theses things with the hood cut wide open. Been through down pours that accumulated 1 inch of water inside, washed all the time with a hose, and never dried it off. NO PROBLEMS. Please, if l someone has the politeness to answer something you say, try taking it for what it said.I actually started reading your posts again a couple of weeks ago, now you are going back to your old ways. Good bye.

I guess I do not understand the impoliteness and lack of tolerance with this post? Maybe I missed it, but it appears that Bigdog has only expressed his concerns, where I too share his concern about water and an open hood where we too avoid spraying anything unnecessarily with water. Maybe it is because we too are "old school" and two of our vehicles are are still early 70's era, maybe it is because I see all those electrical devices and connections and worry about water creeping in where it shouldn't be or corrosion, and maybe it sometimes is hard to let go of old experiences?

Moving on to the accuracy of forum advice, I have learned here to be cautious and skeptical, just because somebody says something that sounds to be true, it many times is not and it is wise not to take everything at face value. I believe that we need some more patience and understanding here because not all of us have the same experience and knowledge?

Bill

• obviously I’m not @Slingrazor. But I think he is commenting on the posts big dog used to make all the time that would receive multiple answers and then he would ask the same question a different way. Stuff like that. On the advice he gave I would agree you need to weigh the advice you get from people but there isn’t very many people I would trust more than @Slingrazor. On the polite side when I first met him within the first ten mins he said he would come up and install my supercharger and tell me what I need to get. Not sure I’ve met many more polite and giving person then @Slingrazor.

• @wjfyfe although you have a point on the taking "forums" advice with a grain of salt most of the people giving him the advice are established members that have been here sharing "their" experience for several years.

So if someone is not interested in following the advice given and is going to continue to argue a his/her point of view with nothing but archaic knowledge then maybe that person should not participate in discussions.

Again hundreds of us running with vented hoods and I am yet to hear one ONE person having an issue.

As far as the "politeness or rudeness" he reaps what he sows.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Wow! I guess that puts me in my place, your advice has been noted. :(
    Bill

please don't misunderstand my post, I am talking about bigdog not yourself, he is always asking for advice then always wants to argue with the advice given.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I have opened the factory vent. Driving in rain allows a little water in. The motor is hot so the water evaporates. I would only be concerned if I left it parked outside in the rain for several days without running it.
    BTW the OEM piece is not sealed to the hood and allows water to drip on the motor when in the rain or washing the hood.

• Put my vent on in Kerrville about 3 weeks ago. Washed it three times since then (engine too). Started right up. Towed it here to Maggie through rain storms and it sat overnight in one. Got in to get it off the trailer and it started right up. Drove today in a very heavy rain. NO issues. I have to admit though, I was more concerned about how much it stings when those large rain drops hit your face and wasn’t thinking about my coil packs.

• Put my vent on in Kerrville about 3 weeks ago. Washed it three times since then (engine too). Started right up. Towed it here to Maggie through rain storms and it sat overnight in one. Got in to get it off the trailer and it started right up. Drove today in a very heavy rain. NO issues. I have to admit though, I was more concerned about how much it stings when those large rain drops hit your face and wasn’t thinking about my coil packs.

I can confirm that at 70 or 80 rain in the face hurts - one of the few reasons why I own a full helmet is for those days when I know it will rain

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I can confirm that at 70 or 80 rain in the face hurts - one of the few reasons why I own a full helmet is for those days when I know it will rain

Another option, although it's not for everyone. I wear a ballcap, and motorcycle ballistic glasses, the ones that have the padding around the eyes to keep the dust out. Then, over my neck and face, I wear a Hoorag (or similar), very lightweight and does a good job at keeping sun and dust off my face, and *really* dampens the sting of raindrops at high velocity. The whole ensemble is light and easy and more comfortable (for me) than any of my helmets.

• Another option, although it's not for everyone. I wear a ballcap, and motorcycle ballistic glasses, the ones that have the padding around the eyes to keep the dust out. Then, over my neck and face, I wear a Hoorag (or similar), very lightweight and does a good job at keeping sun and dust off my face, and *really* dampens the sting of raindrops at high velocity. The whole ensemble is light and easy and more comfortable (for me) than any of my helmets.

I do have glasses I wear with my 1/2 helmet almost everyday they dont have dust seals, but they are ANSI certified safety glasses. I also I carry a hoorag and gloves in the glovebox incase I suddenly need them, but in heavy rain on the freeway the full helmet is much better especially when a big rig throws what seems like a wall of water right in your face ;(

As to the ball cap - I would love it around town, but CA is a motorcycle helmet state and legally there is no clarification for anything called "autocycle"

As a side note the Slingshot is the only vehicle I have ever owned where the glovebox is actually used for gloves =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I normally have a full helmet for rain. Too bad we left them both in AR. ;( Have the Hoorags and they help. Biggest problem was the clear safety glasses fogging up along with water blowing in behind them. Stopping at a bike shop to get some good goggles/glasses this morning.
    But... still no problem with the coil packs.

• Gap filler question...on most new cars this is a dress up item....many of them have some type of lighting.....do you think SS gap fillers should have lights in them?

I’ll be getting an old electric stove in a few weeks and I’m buying some kydex to fabricate some gap fillers....I can heat up the kydex in the stove....the gap fillers are much bigger than you think they are...about a foot tall and around 18” of more long..