Slingshot in the Smokies Maggie Valley Favorite Hotel/Motel

• Last year we stayed at the Stonebridge RV Resort and it was a nice place to stay.

This year, we will be staying at the Ramada by Wyndham Maggie Valley 1786 Soco Road. Anyone stayed at this location before and had positive or negative experiences?

How does the following locations rate: (I was unable to book these - no vacancies - but will consider for next year):

Comfort Inn & Suites: 3282 Soco Road

Quality Inn: 3777 Soco Road

Best Western: 3811 Soco Road

Any other nice hotels near Soco Road area?

Thanks... 8)

• I have not heard anything bad about any of the hotels. We stay at the 4 Seasons Hotel. I also know people who stay at Jonathan’s Creek, and the Comfort Inn with no complaints. I have stayed at the Best Western and it was pretty nice.

• I did the Microtel the first year 2015, they had a dog show the same weekend. But have not stayed there since. I do not stay in smoking rooms and I DAMNED sure do not stay in rooms where animals have stayed. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn since in the same room for what it is worth.

• I did the Microtel the first year 2015, they had a dog show the same weekend. But have not stayed there since. I do not stay in smoking rooms and I DAMNED sure do not stay in rooms where animals have stayed. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn since in the same room for what it is worth.

Wonder if they rent it out for the 51 weeks you are not there???

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I'm staying at the Four Seasons. Anybody out there that would like to share a room pm me, I'll be in on Monday and stay thru Sat night.

Depends on how much trouble I get in while I am there. I don't have a "Dog House" in MV!

On second thought I could sleep in my trailer. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I like to stay at smaller mom and pops places where I can park right in front of my room. A couple I really like are the
    A Holiday Motel - Affordable Hotel, Motorcycle Friendly Hotel and the-cardinal-inn I have stayed at both and they are very clean and friendly. I am staying at Cardinal Inn again this year. Both places are with in half mile from the event site and tend to be cheaper than the big hotels.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• For convenience, no doubt Comfort Inn in my estimation is the best. It is the closest hotel to the fairgrounds and in it's backyard. Hotel offers free continental breakfast, cookies in the afternoon (Whoopee), and towels to wipe down your SS.

Towels on your Slingshot paint!! Nooooooooo..... :thumbdown::00006725::00008862:

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Sorry guys and girls we decided to cancel our trip because of weather, it is just to dangerous for such a long trip in the rain and then every day a chance of 50 - 80% rain. :(:(

Respect to @mytoy. :thumbup:

Hate it that the weather man stepped in....
    And I hope it turns out to be the right choice for you.
    Mileage and weather is a consideration.

But the weather for the past two years was predicted to be about the same... rain forecast almost everyday.
    Summer time pattern... any place, any time, could see a pop up shower.

And if it rained for 5 to 20 minutes each day, weather man nailed it! But mostly, he didn't.

We have attended this event for the last two years...
    That is two trips in and two trips out. We got wet fifty percent of trips... Those days were gotta travel days.
    On the road and unfamiliar territory, not knowing good places to duck for cover. But, for the most part, had plenty time to rain suit up and press on.

Each year the percentage of a rain blowout for this event increase and people need to make their own decision.

The remainder of this response is a PSA for new riders of the Slingshot and no motorcycle experience...

The Slingshot is a great dry weather machine but that tricycle gear in wet is like the spinner just waiting for a flick.

Use caution with rain while in the Slingshot....

At the onset of rain, park it! That third wheel is gonna be riding the oil/diesel/water slick center strip. Give the cagers (cars) time to flush the roads clear.

Stay parked if water is running or puddling on the roads.

Stay parked if you are in a heavy traffic area.

Speed is your enemy in the rain. Visibilty and driving in rain requires you to slow down, something cagers are not gonna do and they won't give you the space or the consideration for conditions.

Ride safe everyone!

We now return you to the "favorite hotel/motel" thread... or not. :S

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: