Noisy rear end, bearing problems?

• @FunCycle I couldn't agree with you more!! For the first 3 months I dove my sling it kept had this "hunting" feeling. Wanting to go left then go right ...the steering was stupid sensitive and if you hit a bump in the road and just so happen to not have your hand on the wheel...oh boy!
    I took it to Reggie at TricLED here is Florida and he laser aligned it....best 100 bucks I ever spent. What a night and day difference. Now it steers like a dream. If you haven't had it done....DO IT! I promise you will not be disappointed.

SSREAPER

That is what I have been saying ever since I had mine done the first time, but some people just will not spend the money to have it done, but they are complaining about how their SS handles.

• @FunCycle I couldn't agree with you more!! For the first 3 months I dove my sling it kept had this "hunting" feeling. Wanting to go left then go right ...the steering was stupid sensitive and if you hit a bump in the road and just so happen to not have your hand on the wheel...oh boy!
    I took it to Reggie at TricLED here is Florida and he laser aligned it....best 100 bucks I ever spent. What a night and day difference. Now it steers like a dream. If you haven't had it done....DO IT! I promise you will not be disappointed.

SSREAPER

@SSREAPER, mine is doing the exact same thing. Maybe not as bad, but I went out and got the DDM sway bar and everything and really isn't any better. If anything, the wider tires on the front and the added horsepower of the turbo... kind of a bad combo. Just need to find someone who does it. Thanks for the info. I kept thinking this thing has got to drive and handle better than it does...

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• @SSREAPER, mine is doing the exact same thing. Maybe not as bad, but I went out and got the DDM sway bar and everything and really isn't any better. If anything, the wider tires on the front and the added horsepower of the turbo... kind of a bad combo. Just need to find someone who does it. Thanks for the info. I kept thinking this thing has got to drive and handle better than it does...

Id take mine in also if you find a place local to us.

• @SSREAPER, mine is doing the exact same thing. Maybe not as bad, but I went out and got the DDM sway bar and everything and really isn't any better. If anything, the wider tires on the front and the added horsepower of the turbo... kind of a bad combo. Just need to find someone who does it. Thanks for the info. I kept thinking this thing has got to drive and handle better than it does...

Your local Slingshot dealer is supposed to have the Polaris laser alignment equipment

• Id take mine in also if you find a place local to us.

Netzley Tire and Auto in Accord NY. I sent him an email and will let you know. My thoughts were to set one up on our way down to Maggie. Not sure if he has that kind of availability though. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Thanks @Ross! Just what I needed.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Your local Slingshot dealer is supposed to have the Polaris laser alignment equipment

I have a call into him as well. Have to see what they say. Problem with my dealer is it takes 3 weeks to get on the schedule for an oil change and I have a f'it, I'll do it myself mentality LOL.

• Leave it at 6.75 is my thoughts. You have raised the height by 1/2 inch, but all the suspension and working components are still functioning the same. If you lower it, that will reduce the amount of travel, and actually not be the way it was intended to work from the factory. The QA1's should have been factory height set when you got them. I know my front shocks were 1/4 inch shorter for one of them, and over 1/2 inch shorter for the other one, than the QA1's were. I think my stock ones were getting weak and failing.

The extra 1/2 inch shouldn't make a difference, but also want the thing to have a low center of gravity. Watching everyone talk about rollovers especially in rain now has me wigged out. Did I mention I'm a bit neurotic?

I'll report back what I found... I adjusted the QA1 shocks, but man, there is something funky about it. Want to take it out and measure again. I don't believe the QA1's were anywhere close to factory eight, but have to see. I measured at the jack points and the front was WAY lower than the rear. The other thing that I'm finding as odd is that after I got it to the correct measurement, I noticed that one shock adjustment was noticeably way different than the other. I measured the center to center of the top and bottom bolts and say both of them were about the same measurements, but noticed that one had the spring much higher than the other. Maybe I'm just going insane... OK, that's a given... but just odd. I'll be looking into it again tomorrow.

• The extra 1/2 inch shouldn't make a difference, but also want the thing to have a low center of gravity. Watching everyone talk about rollovers especially in rain now has me wigged out. Did I mention I'm a bit neurotic?
    I'll report back what I found... I adjusted the QA1 shocks, but man, there is something funky about it. Want to take it out and measure again. I don't believe the QA1's were anywhere close to factory eight, but have to see. I measured at the jack points and the front was WAY lower than the rear. The other thing that I'm finding as odd is that after I got it to the correct measurement, I noticed that one shock adjustment was noticeably way different than the other. I measured the center to center of the top and bottom bolts and say both of them were about the same measurements, but noticed that one had the spring much higher than the other. Maybe I'm just going insane... OK, that's a given... but just odd. I'll be looking into it again tomorrow.

I never even checked mine, I just installed mine and have been running them since Dec. 2016 I think it was.