Noisy rear end, bearing problems?

• As this is about the rear noise, I'll post this too... Now owners manual says that the belt should be on the left side of the fly wheel, but mine is right smack in the center, if not a bit farther right. Thing is, I don't believe the belt is moving and I don't believe I'm getting belt noise from it. Not sure the 1/16 of an inch (if that) is worth all the work moving the belt over to the left.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• As this is about the rear noise, I'll post this too... Now owners manual says that the belt should be on the left side of the fly wheel, but mine is right smack in the center, if not a bit farther right. Thing is, I don't believe the belt is moving and I don't believe I'm getting belt noise from it. Not sure the 1/16 of an inch (if that) is worth all the work moving the belt over to the left.

This is why they need the belt to the left. Watch what happens to the belt location when you start pulling harder....

• This is why they need the belt to the left. Watch what happens to the belt location when you start pulling harder....

I've actually seen that video before. It peeked my curiosity and I actually went out and plopped a go-pro onto my license plate and had it monitor the travel if any. To my knowledge, the belt isn't supposed to travel like that. In my case, it doesn't move and stays right in the center. I worry that touching it may end up opening a can of worms.

My belt however was WAY off. According to manual, it's supposed to be 0.4. If mine was more than 0.25, that would be an accomplishment. I loosened it to say 0.8 ish'. Clicking immediately stopped. Hopefully didn't do any permanent damage.

QA1 shocks were way off too. Front end was actually lower than 6" and that was with an extra 1/2 due to the larger tires. The back was probably over 7 inches. I worry that the two front QA1's are adjusted different, but the measurement from bolt to bolt are both the same, so not sure if there is a problem with the shock itself. Still doesn't drive as well as it should though, so alignment is the next step.

@Goats_Hogs... I hear you and understand your post. If you know the belt wasn't moving though, would you touch it? I do value the communities opinion, so just want to be sure.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I@Goats_Hogs... I hear you and understand your post. If you know the belt wasn't moving though, would you touch it? I do value the communities opinion, so just want to be sure.

Yours might not have moved because it was too tight. I have 8 other Slingshots that I am around local to me. I've noticed their belts move some also. Most of us are running more like you .8 or so. An inch doesn't hurt, and it is quieter than what you had before. Less stress on bearings, and on the angle drive I would guess. My angle drive isn't as loud after I loosened the belt a tad.

• My video is a bit excessive on travel and currently trying to get a diagnoses of the rear swingarm. My belt was trying to climb the inner pulley and actually beveled the belt and polished the pulley. While trying to adjust the belt, I found out that the adjustment mechanism was not working correctly.

My thoughts on belt adjustment... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If, however, you start having problems from the rear...

Visual inspect for obvious defects and cleanliness...
    Make corrections/repairs as needed. If belt tension and/or alignment is needed, always check the other. The pivot nut has to be loosened for both operations.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• LOL.. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... Yup, that was my thought, but just didn't know if it *was broke and would cause an issue. Mechanically, I didn't see that happening, but you never know what the community has learned to be true that defies common sense LOL.

• @mytoy, Any opinion on "Philadelphia Cycle Center"? Not far from you. Wasn't sure if you had used them. They are down as having the True Track alignment system....

• @mytoy, Any opinion on "Philadelphia Cycle Center"? Not far from you. Wasn't sure if you had used them. They are down as having the True Track alignment system....

I went to Montgomeryville Cycle Center (sister company) with my motorcycles, and still go there for inspection of my SS they are great people. I did not know that they have in Philly. the alignment system. I have to ask the owner next time. In Montgomeryville they don't do service work on the SS just inspection, I go to Rollin Fast in Lebanon NJ Rollin’ Fast Cycle Sports is located in Lebanon, NJ | New and Used Inventory for Sale | Victory, Polaris, Slingshot and more! (very happy with them) which is only 23 miles from my house for service work.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch