Hose upgrades and clamps

• This is not very good advice because the Prius radiator he is referring to isn't constructed like the Slingshot one.

He states...

Installing the wrong aftermarket hose clamp can cost you the price of a new radiator.

For years, I've replaced the OEM radiator hose clamps on all of my cars with worm drive stainless steel ones.

No more! With plastic radiator necks, I only use the OEM or OER spring tensioned "Constant Tension Clamps."

The Slingshot radiator does't use plastic end tanks or necks. So, the advice doesn't apply.

Worm clamps are much better than the factory tension clamps. They are also pretty affordable compared to other options. The only downside is that they can cut into hoses slightly when they are over-tightened. Even when they look a little cut up, I have never had one leak on me.

Worm clamp away people!

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Our vehicle is plastic, not the radiator. I have NEVER had an issue with a stainless worm clamp in 50 years of doing my own engine building and repairs.

You apparently haven't owned a Prius. ;) Worm clamps are killing those little turds daily apparently. ha

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Probably only because the bean-counters at Polaris haven't yet realized they can save 50 cents per Slingshot by switching to plastic engine components! :D

• Thanks, see if we never talk about anything....like alternative ways of doing things...people might never know a new or better way is out there.

Those (Powergrips) are pretty cool, but trying to squeeze a heat gun into some of our nooks and crannys might not be possible...but worth a try..

I’m sure there will be many enlightened people. I was...

• Speaking of hoses...I was thinking of making this upgrade but after doing my reasearch there is a set of hoses offered by DDMWORKS, its a 10 piece kit for 230.00. I also found a hose kit from slingshot only and its a 9 piece kit for 75.00.

My question is...does anybody have any experience with both of these hose kit to be able to tell me the difference. I love DDM Works products but what makes their hoses so much better to be 160.00 more?

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• @Bigdog on the lower radiator and under the reservoir i used regular stainless clamps only used the power grip where they can be seen

@SSREAPER i had the slingshot only one's they are a little thicker but the red color was more orange tint. So when Ddm came out with there's i ordered the red. The Ddm are a little more flexible.

• Speaking of hoses...I was thinking of making this upgrade but after doing my reasearch there is a set of hoses offered by DDMWORKS, its a 10 piece kit for 230.00. I also found a hose kit from slingshot only and its a 9 piece kit for 75.00.

My question is...does anybody have any experience with both of these hose kit to be able to tell me the difference. I love DDM Works products but what makes their hoses so much better to be 160.00 more?

SSREAPER

Get the DDM hoses. The color on the cheap hoses is terrible. Yes worth the extra money in my opinion. You will not regret it. Plus you only want to do this job one time, and I would add the DDM coolant tank at the same time.

• @Bigdog on the lower radiator and under the reservoir i used regular stainless clamps only used the power grip where they can be seen

@SSREAPER i had the slingshot only one's they are a little thicker but the red color was more orange tint. So when Ddm came out with there's i ordered the red. The Ddm are a little more flexible.

are the silicon hoses considered an upgrade over rubber...or is it just the colors

SSREAPER

The SSOnly hoses also are for 2016 or earlier, not 16.5s plus............I did not read the text on their site, so ended up with a set I could use for intended purpose. I thought the SSonly hoses were decent quality, but the DDM ones are definitely top notch.

• Ok guys you convinced me...DDM it is....I had a feeling that was what I was going to do because I really like their products and might as well stick with a theme...lol

I already own almost everything else they sell...except for the SC and hopefully that is coming soon.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I use high pressure compression clamps for all my (or most) boosted pipes. If they were not good they wouldn't come on big semi trucks. Boost levels reach from 50psi upwards of 200psi. Yep. Over 200psi.

Buy what you want. But once you slide one of these on and tighten it you will instantly notice how smooth they tighten and how durable they are.

Napa usually has them. I dont know what the vendors have for clamps. If they have something better or even the same then grab them there.