Well Damn it...I have a mystery rattle...

• I had a little noise of metal tapping. Found the Rear EBrake Cable was tapping on the swing Arm. I used a tie wrap to pull it away. It is a very stiff heavy cable and can cause a racket when very close. Good Luck!

• I had a little noise of metal tapping. Found the Rear EBrake Cable was tapping on the swing Arm. I used a tie wrap to pull it away. It is a very stiff heavy cable and can cause a racket when very close. Good Luck!

Hey Sam, did the sound come from the engine bay area? Can't imagine it would be but I can definitely check that.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• My van was making a mystery rattle noise....needed totally new exhaust system from the headers back...that included the catalytic converters. $1000+ ...the noise was the pieces of the converter media breaking apart ...pieces were to big to shake them out..

• My van was making a mystery rattle noise....needed totally new exhaust system from the headers back...that included the catalytic converters. $1000+ ...the noise was the pieces of the converter media breaking apart ...pieces were to big to shake them out..

Since I switched to the turbo, the cat has been removed. Header seems good...Looks like I am going to need a turbo rebuild in due time as well. But the odd thing is...I can't figure out what in the muffler itself would be disintegrating.

• Snakes dont bother me. I used to have a python as a per when I was in high school.

Spiders are the ones that I despise. They are like Trackhoes. You never know by looking which end is the front.....

You lost me. lol

Rattle snakes...got it...damn I'm slow lol

catalytic converters are suppose to be guaranteed for life (found this out the hard way) on cars and trucks. Pay first, learn later.

• Since I switched to the turbo, the cat has been removed. Header seems good...Looks like I am going to need a turbo rebuild in due time as well. But the odd thing is...I can't figure out what in the muffler itself would be disintegrating.

I highly doubt you need to rebuild the turbo. It is incredibly rare to have to do so with our type of mileage and abuse. Turbos get blames a lot, but they are usually not the issue. If you are really concerned, take off the cold side charge pipe and wiggle away at the blade/shaft. It needs to feel like there is a lot of play before you need to rebuild. It should almost feel like the blades will hit the housing because of play if it is bad.

I have seen other side exhausts internally fail. They take A LOT of heat up there in a turbo setup. Depending on the muffler, the internal baffles and or packing could have failed.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I highly doubt you need to rebuild the turbo. It is incredibly rare to have to do so with our type of mileage and abuse. Turbos get blames a lot, but they are usually not the issue. If you are really concerned, take off the cold side charge pipe and wiggle away at the blade/shaft. It needs to feel like there is a lot of play before you need to rebuild. It should almost feel like the blades will hit the housing because of play if it is bad.

I have seen other side exhausts internally fail. They take A LOT of heat up there in a turbo setup. Depending on the muffler, the internal baffles and or packing could have failed.

I've definitely got an exhaust leak from the exhaust side and I'm getting pretty heavy leaking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Can you tell exactly where? Maybe some of the hotside turbo bolts are really loose and/or missing. That happens on some peoples machine. ha

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Can you tell exactly where? Maybe some of the hotside turbo bolts are really loose and/or missing. That happens on some peoples machine. ha

The leak is from 2 sections... Gasket on the oil return line and on the and its tough but I thinks it's not on the hot side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app