Anyone have Braum Elite X seats?

• Anyone have the Braum Elite X racing seats? I want to pull the pin on these but I am wondering about fitment.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I just did a little Googlefication and could not find any info on waterproofedness. Have you found anything on that @Blaze? Price seems good for the looks and quality per the reviews. I'm hoping you get some feedback on fitment.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have done a lot of research on these seats and am ready to buy. The seats I want will be black with red stitching. They are made of PVC Leatherette which I think will hold up better than real leather. They probably are not waterproof however Braum makes a vinyl seat cover that they ship with their Elite X Diamond series seats to protect them while doing any " Tuner " work. I found that out after watching a review video found here:
    \

If they are not included in the regular Elite X seats I plan on contacting Braum and ordering them. I'll keep them in the cubby hole for washing and if I ever get caught in the rain.

I am just wondering if they will be too wide. I hear the Cipher 1031 seats sold at Slingmods are a very tight fit. After comparing dimensions, the Braum seats are a 1/2" wider. Does anyone with Cipher 1031 seats think their seats would still work if they were only 1/2" wider?

Then be Batman!

Edited once, last by Blaze ().

• Can't comment on the fitment...

From the video, looking at the little used passenger seat of two years... the suede suffered fade from the sun. But that was the suede.

One other consideration besides width that hopefully someone will comment up on...

Seat base... pretty sure these won't mount up on the Polaris base and will require the Planted seat base.

Ahhhhh, research...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I am sure you are going to need the planted seat base sold by Slingmods to make these work.

I have a local Bike Ride/Show to attend Saturday. I am hoping that if I order them today Fed EX will have them here by Friday. I'm going to roll the dice and make this happen. I'll keep you posted with pics of course.

Fingers Crosssed.

Then be Batman!

• @Blaze they will fit, but are snug. If you have the rear side speaker pods from SSV it makes it even tighter. There is a Slingshot rider in D.C. that has the black with blue stitch and he really likes them.

The seat covers are $50 and available on Braum's site under the accessories section.

Brackets and sliders will of course need to be ordered as these are universal seats and not Slingshot specific like the PRP seats. Planted and Sparco both make brackets for the Slingshot.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Not seat is water proof other than the stock plastic one, they are water resistant to a degree.

As long as you choose a seat with vinyl/leather material then you are as waterproof as you need to be in the sling.

If you want to sit on them Google a racing shop near you and go check them out, they always have those brawn's as well as some omp,sparco and bride on display.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Seats and brackets have been ordered. However, the brackets are made to order and will take two weeks. Not in time for my show but they'll get here.

Thanks for the confidence, WraithSS, on fitment. I do not have the side speaker pods

Then be Batman!

• Those are nice looking seats! I'll be watching for your results. Where and how muchee?

Many online retailers sell them for $749 a pair. I have not found one site cheaper than another. CarID seems to have the largest selection. However they do not come with a vehicle specific bracket, only the sliders. Had to order the bracket from Slingmods for an additional $280. That brings the total cost to $1030.

Then be Batman!

• Well the seat arrived Saturday. The quality and look are great. I placed the seat on a creeper that converts to a chair and sat in it. I love the way it hugs my sides. It fits great. Just waiting on my planted seat base to arrive for the install.

Now I am wondering how I can make the stock seat belt work with these. I am not interested in a harness. It's too confining for me and I want the freedom that a retractable seat belt provides. Does the seat base provide a spot to mount the seat belt receiver? And if so how do I keep the idiot light from being tripped in the dash? I know the stock seat has to be plugged into a connection for this purpose.

Then be Batman!

• Yeah the planted have mounting points for the seatbelt mine did not come with the hardware for it though so I had to make a trip to ace hardware and 5 bucks later my seatbelts were mounted.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Seats and brackets have been ordered. However, the brackets are made to order and will take two weeks. Not in time for my show but they'll get here.

Thanks for the confidence, WraithSS, on fitment. I do not have the side speaker pods

The seats are in and I think they look and feel great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• @Blaze can you give us a review on comfort as compared to the stock seats? Are they marginally better, much better or night and day difference? Also, do you feel like the wings for a racing harness impede your view when looking over your shoulder? Like you, I would not be using the racing harness and would stick with the stock belt. Worth the $$?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)