Anyone have Braum Elite X seats?

• I have a 2016.5 base model SS because I wanted it in black. I knew I was going to do my own stereo and get custom wheels any way so the savings helped pay for what I wanted. After doing all my cosmetic custom work (performance starts next year) I thought that the plastic oem seats looked ugly. If it came with the seats that they come with now I probably would have kept them. The original seats were not uncomfortable IMO but the material used was ugly.

I am 6' 5" 200lbs with a 36" waist. Braum says that the seats will comfortably fit a man with up to a 38" waist. I love the way the side bolsters feel on keeping you planted. It makes you want to take those turns more aggressively LOL. Suspension is definitely my next mod. The seats when coupled with the " Planted Seat Bracket " sit about an inch higher than the originals. That actually worked out better for me because I like to look over my windshield. I have a 13" Madstad, because of my height, and the top was right at my eye view.
    Another thing I like are that the seats recline. Now I can move the seat forward one or two clicks and recline back to get a more comfortable position for those long cruise type rides.

The only con that I have stems from me being so tall. The top of my shoulders rest against the bottom of the plastic holes for the seat belts/harness. I am sure this wouldn't effect 99% of drivers.

Not a con but the seats definitely are not waterproof. I knew that they couldn't be with all the stitching. I drove the SS to work last night and right before leaving to come home a small cell came though that dumped buckets for about 10 mins. I wiped the seats off with a towel and still had a wet ass when I got home. Now the seats come shipped in some nice plastic bags. I am going to cut the back side of them so that they fit over the seats with the seat belts, maybe add some Velcro to seam it back together, and keep them in my cubby hole.

With all this said I think that the seats are night and day different. They are made of high quality material, the bolsters keep you planted, and one can recline for more comfort. I highly recommend them.

Blaze

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I got the Elite X. I thought of getting them custom made with blue trim but the lead time was 8-12 weeks and I wasn’t sure I really wanted blue.

I put them in my ‘17 SL. The seats on the SL were ok but I found them a bit narrow. I’m 6’2”, 230ish. They feel great. They keep you planted dead center.

• Blaze - Great looking seats... My only question is "I am 6' 5" 200lbs with a 36" waist." how does that work? I am 6' 5" 235 lbs with a 34" waist. I was a 36" waist at 250 lbs - Just wondering? LOL

• I am looking at getting the Braum Elite Diamonds probably over winter. I saw people on the Slingshot group saying they ordered the Planted brackets from carid and saved like $100, but I don’t know how as the Slingshot isn’t an option on the site?

• I am looking at getting the Braum Elite Diamonds probably over winter. I saw people on the Slingshot group saying they ordered the Planted brackets from carid and saved like $100, but I don’t know how as the Slingshot isn’t an option on the site?

Just went to Carid. Entered 'planted seat bracket' in search bar. From the filtered brackets selection, i then entered the information for year, make, and model.
    Selected the brackets not labeled Cobra (unless you are gonna use Cobra seats). Includes driver and passenger brackets... $140.00 each...

Did not check shipping... was only checking find.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

I saved a $100 on the seat price itself. I have not seen the Planted brackets cheaper anywhere. So I just ordered them from slingmods since my paycheck just gets direct deposited there anyway.

• I saved a $100 on the seat price itself. I have not seen the Planted brackets cheaper anywhere. So I just ordered them from slingmods since my paycheck just gets direct deposited there anyway.

Ah I may have ready it wrong. Okay thanks! When the time comes I’ll order the brackets from SlingMods.

• Blaze - Great looking seats... My only question is "I am 6' 5" 200lbs with a 36" waist." how does that work? I am 6' 5" 235 lbs with a 34" waist. I was a 36" waist at 250 lbs - Just wondering? LOL

Some 34" inch pants work but most of them are 36". Dunno

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• So I just got Braum seats, and I figure all I have to do is take the bottom bolt out of the seat belts and thread them through the top seat hole and connect the bolt again. That's it right?

No, the factory seatbelts are made to go around the seat/over the shoulder. Braum makes a specific protector for the seat just for that. The holes at the tops of the seats are designed for harnesses.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• No, the factory seatbelts are made to go around the seat/over the shoulder. Braum makes a specific protector for the seat just for that. The holes at the tops of the seats are designed for harnesses.

But I see the seatbelts going through the right hole in the Braums. So what's the scoop?

• But I see the seatbelts going through the right hole in the Braums. So what's the scoop?

Seatbelts are a life safety device. I don't take any chances with them. You'll notice that if you put them through the holes at the top of the seat they are not following their intended path or as adjustable to different heights. They will be too high for shorter people and possibly too low for tall people. Probably not in most people's case, but if you go to the track you will fail track inspection with a factory belt going through a harness hole.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• So I just got Braum seats, and I figure all I have to do is take the bottom bolt out of the seat belts and thread them through the top seat hole and connect the bolt again. That's it right?

Yes, that's what I did... But like WraithSS stated, you basically do so at your own risk.

They seem to be at a good position for me and I don't track... Yet... But now I know to take a wrench when I do so I'm ready in case of failed inspection.

Also, I had them this way when I hydroplaned and hit the cement divider. So again, through the hole (and the height for me) seems to be okay. Modder beware...

• OK thanks everyone I ordered the Braum seat belt protector/guide

Peg you can never be too safe with safety belts. You also can’t go wrong with anything WraithSS recommends he is OG for sure and won’t throw out the bs just to confuse you.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~