Screw in rear tire

• Hi all! I was out riding the other day and stopped for gas and noticed a screw head in my rear tire. I spit on it and saw no bubbles and I checked the tire pressure and it had 34 lbs. So I drove it home 25 mi. all highway and checked the pressure again it was still 34 lbs. So then I pulled out the screw and it was a short self tightening screw that went in the thickness of the tread. No leaking. The tire only has 1200 mi. on it and looks like new. Should I trust it or should I get a plug or patch for it? What would you guys do? I can't imagine this thing blowing out going down the highway. It is a 2017 SLR with the wider rear tire and I'm sure it probably cost a couple hundred dollars to replace. This could only happen to me. Thanks, Jim

• Hi all! I was out riding the other day and stopped for gas and noticed a screw head in my rear tire. I spit on it and saw no bubbles and I checked the tire pressure and it had 34 lbs. So I drove it home 25 mi. all highway and checked the pressure again it was still 34 lbs. So then I pulled out the screw and it was a short self tightening screw that went in the thickness of the tread. No leaking. The tire only has 1200 mi. on it and looks like new. Should I trust it or should I get a plug or patch for it? What would you guys do? I can't imagine this thing blowing out going down the highway. It is a 2017 SLR with the wider rear tire and I'm sure it probably cost a couple hundred dollars to replace. This could only happen to me. Thanks, Jim

If it did not go all the way thru do not worry about it.