17 SLR with 354 miles stalling issue low rpms

• Problem with my 17 SLR it has been in the shop now for a month going back and forth with Polaris changing out parts and still no solution.

SLR stalls out at low rpms mainly in 1st and 2nd gear.

Polaris has replaced cam position sensors still doing the same thing. Found metal shavings on 1 sensor.

ECU reset still doing the same thing

Talked to Polaris today and now they're looking at possibly change the motor out. Mileage on engine is 354 miles.

The customer service rep from Polaris ( Mitch) told me there is nothing Polaris can do other than work with the dealer to solve the issue the Slingshot is having.

I just either want Polaris to pay the payment or have them fixed my Slingshot so I can get some enjoyment out of my $30,000 dollar vehicle.

At a loss on what to do next. If I get a lawyer they said the case will be closed with no resolution.

I have owned and done testing for Polaris on thier military equipment while in the Army and thought highly of their products and service. NOW I am at a loss. X(

• Welcome aboard @Irvine04

Really sorry to hear you got the lemon of the line. I imagine you are beyond any lemon law coverage?

Any chance the dealer will swap out for you to either use or replace?

At least Polaris is trying to make you whole it's just taking the long slow way.

Where are you located?

• update..... So after a month and testing alot of parts on the slingshot way to much to list. The slingshot is back up and running. The part that was causing the stalling issue was the Clutch switch. KPS had tested the switch but it always came back good. That led them to test other items while working with Polaris. After many weeks of frustration and changing out many different parts the problem was the clutch switch.

It was hard for the shop to diagnose because it would only do it every so often. Even while hooked up to ECU diagnostic test it would read good.

• That is good news!
    Although I am sure it was more like good snooze.

Never impressed when the first word out of a service department is... let's hook it up to the diagnostics computer and see what we get.

Much more preferable that the mechanic listens to your description, states that sounds like possibly a ____. We`ll take a look at that and throw it up on the diagnostics to see if it flagged anything else in the system.

Looks like you have a riding season to enjoy.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yep! A real mechanic, there is not many of them left around here. The computer tells them what is wrong and if that does not work then they start replacing parts hoping to find the problem.

• When I am talking to a customer about diagnostics...I explain the computer may tell me the system that is having the problem but it's the technician that has to find where in the system the problem is. He then makes the recommendation as to the repair and when finished confirms the problem is solved.

Anybody can code scan but diagnostics is not a computer thing it's a person thing.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• When I am talking to a customer about diagnostics...I explain the computer may tell me the system that is having the problem but it's the technician that has to find where in the system the problem is. He then makes the recommendation as to the repair and when finished confirms the problem is solved.

Anybody can code scan but diagnostics is not a computer thing it's a person thing.

SSREAPER

Y'up ..... and you would think they, or Polaris, would have the idea to check an item that caused the same condition and prompted a recall on early units....

Guess they didn't learn from past mistakes ....

.... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Orangeman does that really surprise you?

What I don't get is that they'd had to have at some point some very creative and talented minds in order to come up with this machine we have all come to love. Where did those talented people go ... We are still battling some of the same problems now over and over again. They still won't listen to the owners and refuse to respond to us here where they could really improve the customers relations.

I just don't get it.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: