• I ordered new lug nuts. Saw the guy pull up and went out to meet him. He handed me the soft pack and the end was torn open and nothing inside. He asked me to sign off and I said there was nothing in the package. He looked at me and asked "Do you want me to find out where the stuff is?" I said "I would appreciate that because I'm not going to sign off for delivery of nothing." X( Bag of lug nuts was delivered that afternoon. :S

• Well here it is, installed. Looks like it's time to go to harbor freight for the other stuff. Should do just fine for me. Hitch doesn't look centered in the pic but it is.

• Well here it is, installed. Looks like it's time to go to harbor freight for the other stuff. Should do just fine for me. Hitch doesn't look centered in the pic but it is.

I have never seen that hitch before...may I inquire when it comes from? Price?

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I have never seen that hitch before...may I inquire when it comes from? Price?
    SSreaper

Yeap, sure can. 275.00 includes shipping.

Polaris Slingshot reciever style hitch | eBay

His hitch bolt tolerances were a bit tight for me so I drilled two holes out one size larger. Other than that install went fine. Don't mean everyone will have to do that but that's what worked for me.

• Yessir, there were several of those out there. Designed to pull light weight motorcycle trailers. And they worked well. But after the swing arm recall, some vendors and lots of folks opted out.

Most now offered require body frame attachment...
    Wycked, Rivco, Bushtec....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yessir, there were several of those out there. Designed to pull light weight motorcycle trailers. And they worked well. But after the swing arm recall, some vendors and lots of folks opted out.

Most now offered require body frame attachment...
    Wycked, Rivco, Bushtec....

All those swing arm recalls had nothing to with trailer hitches. That was all caused by faulty work and engineering at the factory. But I'm sure polaris can use that against you to void the warranty and they can use the frame mounted ones to void the warranty as well.

• I ordered new lug nuts. Saw the guy pull up and went out to meet him. He handed me the soft pack and the end was torn open and nothing inside. He asked me to sign off and I said there was nothing in the package. He looked at me and asked "Do you want me to find out where the stuff is?" I said "I would appreciate that because I'm not going to sign off for delivery of nothing." X( Bag of lug nuts was delivered that afternoon. :S

I ordered quart jars of honey. The package was delivered ....dripping.

• Logically every vehicle with a trailer hitch has it attached to the frame, not the axle.

You are right when it comes to regular vehicles... but motorcycles/slingshots are not normal vehicles (that's why we ride them). Lots more frame on cars and trucks and you can get hitches for them for a song and a dance... (cheap). But when it comes to two and three wheels all that changes. They have a lot of junk out there for some very high prices. But all that aside does anyone here know if Polaris actually voided a warranty because it had a hitch on it? Did they actually send a letter to dealers telling them to cancel all warranty's if it had a hitch on it? There's a lot of BS on the internet just trying to separate fact from BS..

• Never heard of any voided warranties for that hitch but we had one user on the forum, can't remember name...

But the hitch failed on a trip and he had to scramble to get it replaced to continue his trip. Thankfully he had some forum members nearby to get him back on the road.

Found it!

Here's the link to that failure...
    S.O.S. in Minneapolis

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I just spoke to three dealers on the phone and none of them said it would void the warranty. Two of them said absolutely not. The other one said she never heard of it voiding a warranty.