Club Slingshot?

• Had no problem back on the 10th, not really much to webinar, mostly marketing. Think its like 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, after a good start, I'm now starting to loose confidence in the Club SlingShot team.

When I enquired (by phone, last week) about UK (European) membership, I was advised that they would get back to me.
    That hadn't happend, 7 days later, so I called again.
    I was advised that I should expect a reply, within 2 days.
    It's now the 3rd day (22:30 hrs UK time) and I have still not received any form of response from the team.
    I will try again tomorrow, however my confidence is now dropping, from what I had hoped would be a great thing, for us all.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Well I just tried to sign up for Club Slingshot. Full disclosure here - I am Canadian. Bought my SS from a dealer in Canada. But it seems we are not welcome in the Club. Canadian postal codes are not accepted in the sign up page. Now, it could be that I missed something - maybe there is a Canadian Club Slingshot site I should have linked to, but I didn’t see it if it exists.
    So I may have to fool the membership folks. I might just use my Fl address.

Edit: An update. A Polaris rep called the next morning and readily resolved the issue. Kudos to Polaris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Well I just tried to sign up for Club Slingshot. Full disclosure here - I am Canadian. Bought my SS from a dealer in Canada. But it seems we are not welcome in the Club. Canadian postal codes are not accepted in the sign up page. Now, it could be that I missed something - maybe there is a Canadian Club Slingshot site I should have linked to, but I didn’t see it if it exists.

It looks like we non-Americans may be getting left out in the cold.

I thought that Polaris were a forward thinking, "worldwide" company, compeating in most of the world markets.

As our world, rapidly, shrinks and we can all talk, work, play and trade together, so much more simply, than just a few years ago, I think that most people would realize that 2018 is not the time to retreat from these global markets.

I am now starting to suspect that the Club SlingShot setup may not have taken the above into account. I hope this is not the case. Only time will tell.

• For what it might be worth, this evening I sent a note to the Polaris folks to point out the situation. I am hoping it is an unintentional oversight. A few days ago I posted on this forum my skepticism about the value of Club Slingshot. And in spite of that thought, I tried to sign up anyway. Lesson learned!!!

Edit: An update. A Polaris rep very promptly called the next morning and readily resolved the issue. Kudos to Polaris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My guess is that club Slingshot will be slow to be unveiled by Polaris. I would actually be surprised if enroll ment happens before the end of summer. From the sounds of it they started in very late Spring their goal is to have a club out of each dealer and it seems like this is the wrong time to be pestering dealers to set up a club. I have high hopes for club slingshot but I think patience is what it is going to take to be a member. Polaris tends to get the cart in front of the horse IMHO

• My guess is that club Slingshot will be slow to be unveiled by Polaris. I would actually be surprised if enroll ment happens before the end of summer. From the sounds of it they started in very late Spring their goal is to have a club out of each dealer and it seems like this is the wrong time to be pestering dealers to set up a club. I have high hopes for club slingshot but I think patience is what it is going to take to be a member. Polaris tends to get the cart in front of the horse IMHO

I hope that your correct @Ross. That would be a good result.

However, even a young student could have drawn up a business/implementation or project plan, that could be put in place smoothly and actively assist a positive profile and increase sales opportunities for the SlingShot.

Our SlingShots may look like something from another planet, but it sure isn't Rocket Sience to do that neat and efficiently.

Foot note:
    In the UK Polaris employ a well known journalist to produce a very glossy magazine promoting the Indian motorcycle range, exclusively, in the UK & Ireland. This must cost the company s small fortune, given the fact that it can only reach such a small audience.

• I hope that your correct @Ross. That would be a good result.
    However, even a young student could have drawn up a business/implementation or project plan, that could be put in place smoothly and actively assist a positive profile and increase sales opportunities for the SlingShot.

Our SlingShots may look like something from another planet, but it sure isn't Rocket Sience to do that neat and efficiently.

I do not disagree that a teenager could market to existing owners better but it appears that their focus is on new sales - although the trend with their social media in the last 2 months has really started to pick up on showing of existing owner groups and the enjoyment they experience.

I hope Polaris Europe won't let you down but I believe you are doing better in every aspect of the Slingshot then they have been doing (at least from what I can guess from your shared experience and sales counts)

• I do not disagree that a teenager could market to existing owners better but it appears that their focus is on new sales - although the trend with their social media in the last 2 months has really started to pick up on showing of existing owner groups and the enjoyment they experience.

I hope Polaris Europe won't let you down but I believe you are doing better in every aspect of the Slingshot then they have been doing (at least from what I can guess from your shared experience and sales counts)

A common adage in business is “your best customer is an existing one”. I wonder if the Polaris execs have ever heard about it??

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• In the UK Polaris employ a well known journalist to produce a very glossy magazine promoting the Indian motorcycle range, exclusively, in the UK & Ireland. This must cost the company s small fortune, given the fact that it can only reach such a small audience.

Following the note above, I dug out a copy of the Indian mag, from the UK..

The picture below shows the potential marketing method, for Club SlingShot mag.

Who knows if Polaris will be following this path, but the head salesman for in-road vheicals, was telling the few distributors, that we still have in the UK., that he was looking at setting up something similar, with the SlingShot. (Not too sure how true that could be, given he's only brought 16 of them into the country).

• My 2 cents (3.25 CAD).

Polaris has spent several months working with a very small group of folks to get input on what club Slingshot should be, but they really don’t want to invest the effort beyond marketing seminar. IMO they are now looking for the dealers to take
    This and make something happen. They won’t push it, but rather rely on the dealers and owners.

I don’t disagree, however, with this approach. HOGS GWRR and other groups grew out of local areas and became corporate organizations. CS will amd should do the same thing. Local groups are forming. They will eventually have newsletters and then more formal orgs. They in turn will begin to connect. Polaris has created a way for those connections to occur. What they fail to realize is none of these groups form because of a single dealer. They form from friendship and a common love for the SS.
    They will and when they do I hope Club Slingshot morphs into what it should be. A members driven org not dealer driven

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Further to a post I made last night about trying to sign up for Club Slingshot. As noted, I sent a note to Polaris commenting on the difficulty in registering. This morning I received a phone call from a Polaris rep who discussed the matter with me, got me registered and accepted my suggestion to make registration easier for international folks. So kudos to Polaris!!!

• Further to a post I made last night about trying to sign up for Club Slingshot. As noted, I sent a note to Polaris commenting on the difficulty in registering. This morning I received a phone call from a Polaris rep who discussed the matter with me, got me registered and accepted my suggestion to make registration easier for international folks. So kudos to Polaris!!!

Just came off the phone from the front line staff, at Polaris. All the people that could help had left for home 15 mins before I called.

Once again, the person, that I spoke with, was great and said that she would ensure that the relevant person, that could help, would get chased, first thing on Monday morning.

• @Ghost Ej is, as always, correct that GWRRA was/is not a Honda Corp thing. My point is Honda has done a lot over the years, at least from my past experience, in helping promote and support chapters.

My overall point is proven in the fact that GWRRA grew out of owners not Corp trying to make something happen.

I applaud Polaris in trying to get this off the ground. I disagree with tying it to dealers, but if it takes off they will drop that. IMHO

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...