Club Slingshot?

• OK now I feel left out. I was just kidding when I said I got the card and they asked me not to join. I haven't got an invitation! ?( I am the 1st registered owner of my 16.5 but it was originally bought at a Red Cross auction and was donated by Polaris. Are they ignoring me before I ignore them?

If you didn't actually spend money, they probably don't want anything to do with you. As much as they are milking everyone for stupid stuff... I guess asking for help and input is a good thing, but why haven't they listened to customer comments about other things?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• If you didn't actually spend money, they probably don't want anything to do with you. As much as they are milking everyone for stupid stuff... I guess asking for help and input is a good thing, but why haven't they listened to customer comments about other things?

I hear ya but I definitely spent money. I was kind of wondering if they were reaching out to second or third owners. Everyone has the opportunity to sell the brand. In a club like this, we have more to offer them than they have to offer us.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Oh well, it's now been one, working, week from when I first contacted Polaris about the club and asked if they would include Britain... No reply yet. Let's hope that's a good sign.

I will chase them up on Monday.

I want to get the UK_PAUL SlingShot enlisted and part of ClubSlingshot.

After all, it's off to a Polaris dealer's event tomorrow. What better time, to promote the SlingShot?

All the best, from UK_Paul

• For those who have not received a card you might be in the same boat as me. I went ahead and went to the site and did the membership check. You put in my VIN and last name. It pulled me right up except it had my street address and city as the same. Hard to mail me anything to Indianapolis, Indianapolis.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• For those who have not received a card you might be in the same boat as me. I went ahead and went to the site and did the membership check. You put in my VIN and last name. It pulled me right up except it had my street address and city as the same. Hard to mail me anything to Indianapolis, Indianapolis.

Got these from @mytoy and put on...was thinking someone could have used something similar in May 2015...

Yea, I guess it's the same thing with sending mail to New York, New York

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just got this, in the post...
    from my wife, for my birthday.

I guess she thinks we already have a club.
    UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

Love it. At 74 I resemble that remark............ I can still stay ahead of the guys & gals that work for me for at least the first 6 hrs of the day.

• Damn! They sure are pushing these new Slingshots, I received my third card from Polaris in two weeks wanting me to buy a new SS. That is plus the Club SS card.

I thought about making them a deal to save money split tge savings 50/50 ...... stop mailing about new models to registered owners - folks can't be trading in left and right and it isn't like existing owners are going to forget they own one

• They are trying hard to get rid of those last 7,000 ecotec motors so they can start with the "Polaris" motors.

Is that a real number? That could encourage some current sales. I can't imagine a Polaris motor being an upgrade. Sure, they might get more horsepower out of a stock motor and maybe better mileage. But reliability? Hmmmph! I'll take the Ecotech. Wait, I already did! And I like it. I haven't worked on a motor for many years. I do on this, my '81 CJ5 (258 straight 6), and not much else. Change is not always progress...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Is that a real number? That could encourage some current sales. I can't imagine a Polaris motor being an upgrade. Sure, they might get more horsepower out of a stock motor and maybe better mileage. But reliability? Hmmmph! I'll take the Ecotech. Wait, I already did! And I like it. I haven't worked on a motor for many years. I do on this, my '81 CJ5 (258 straight 6), and not much else. Change is not always progress...

Imagine your Polaris Dealer being the only one that knows how to work on the motor. Plus the price of using only polaris parts.

• Just been discussing servicing of my SlingShot at a local (40 miles, from home), Polaris (Indian) dealer, that also makes trikes.

They said that they didn't want to work on a car engine, as everything they did, was with bikes and the mechanics wouldn't know what to do.

Sorry but if that's the case...
    I want GM power, not Polaris.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• They are trying hard to get rid of those last 7,000 ecotec motors so they can start with the "Polaris" motors.

Actually, I think they are just simply trying to move the SlingShots period, the last time we checked out a dealer, (closest is now 200 miles away), the ones on the showroom were all dust covered! :(

As far as the Ecotec engine, it was the GM drive-train that was tipping point pushing us over the edge to actually purchase one, if it had come with a Polaris engine I doubt we would have given the SlingShot a second look.

Bill

• Actually, I think they are just simply trying to move the SlingShots period, the last time we checked out a dealer, (closest is now 200 miles away), the ones on the showroom were all dust covered! :(
    As far as the Ecotec engine, it was the GM drive-train that was tipping point pushing us over the edge to actually purchase one, if it had come with a Polaris engine I doubt we would have given the SlingShot a second look.

Bill

I have to agree! The fact that it came with a readily available GM engine and transmission is the ONLY reason that I pulled the trigger on the purchase. That being said,,,,, if they start installing "their" engines in 2019 and have a VERY high rate of success for at least THREE consecutive years then I would consider purchasing a new one in 2022 when they unveil the VTOL feature.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Actually, I think they are just simply trying to move the SlingShots period, the last time we checked out a dealer, (closest is now 200 miles away), the ones on the showroom were all dust covered! :(
    Bill

Our local dealer has been selling them hotcakes...7 in the last 3 weeks. Prior to that there were almost 14 sitting around and all those sold as well. I have yet to see any of these new ones in my area.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...