Radio cuts out

• AX100 doesn’t have GPS but iPhones and Androids have Google Maps. However, the phone has to be plugged into the USB port and it seems to bypass the external amp and just work off the radio amp.

Dang, I am going to have to read up on things myself rather than listen to salesperson at Best Buy. My fault, didn't mean to pass out poor info. Thanks for setting it straight dangerdarrell.

• Just so it is clear the AX-100/200 do NOT have any built in apps like many other radios out there, their selling point is that they support both Android Auto/Apple Car play so once connected via USB port you have access to the hundreds of apps available.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• well if the only difference or at least the one that counts is that the usb port is in front instead of in the rear of the radio then I will stick with the one I already purchased. the 1000. but if the 100 proves to be a better unit by other aspects, which right now I cant see one, then I will try to return the 1000 and purchase the 100. so far though I am sticking with what I already bought. I really appreciate the help. now to figure out how I can waterproof the thing. @mytoy how much are you selling your system for?

• well if the only difference or at least the one that counts is that the usb port is in front instead of in the rear of the radio then I will stick with the one I already purchased. the 1000. but if the 100 proves to be a better unit by other aspects, which right now I cant see one, then I will try to return the 1000 and purchase the 100. so far though I am sticking with what I already bought. I really appreciate the help. now to figure out how I can waterproof the thing. @mytoy how much are you selling your system for?

Do you mean just the water resistant faceplate or with the AX100 and wiring harness?

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I just did the return for the 1000 model. I called sony directly and they stated the ax 1000 does NOT have android auto. so now I am going to have to order the ax 100. need to go back to the link from earlier. this is getting to be a ton of fun. so I already have the clarion cms 5 in the sling. all I need to do is wiring for the already existing speakers and amp. and then power. will I need to order a separate wiring harness? one comes with it right? is there something specific for the slingshot that I need to know about?

• The color is not a problem, you also could use the AX 100 for your backup camera and get rid of the display you have, it is possible without an adapter if you have a RCA video cable if not a simple adapter will do the trick. I have a complete unit on hand where I can do the tests before shipping, and I would recommend to use RCA cables for you AMP if not you will need a wiring harness IMO, also does your REM input so it "wakes" (power for the AMP) just is active when radio plays. Here are some pictures what it looks with my mini AMP. Also I use the USB port for music and it depends on your USB Flash Drive and I can store for a couple of days my songs by album, songs, artist, ect.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited 2 times, last by mytoy ().

• that is very clean looking. you should see the rats nest I have in there now due to the clarion. it has 3 plugs in the main unit, about 30 cables per plug, its crazy. I think the sling might be in the garage for awhile lol. I went ahead and did the return for the 1000. I just received it yesterday so it will go right back into the mail today. I had tried to purchase the ax-100 from the link that was given on here, which comes from sonic electronix but they did some very dirty stuff. at first they wouldn't approve my card, which was odd, I had to call the bank because they flagged it as fraud. got that cleared up, called back to get the unit ordered and they then started to run credit checks on me, asking me questions like have you lived at this address? have you lived at that address? what is your mothers maiden name. so of course I had to cancel that order and just ended up going through amazon like I should have done in the first place. paid 329 plus taxes and all.

so now I need to see about the back up camera? let me think, well since it has been straight OEM set up. it should have all the regular stuff I never cut any of it. I can look at the factory direct plugs. but the RCA for the amp and all? I know that isn't on there. because the clarion didn't have RCA. I don't know how to wire RCA stuff. hmmm.

• so should I get the wiring harness and other items that come from crutchfield that sold the unit through amazon? it is the Axxess XSVI-9701-NAV Interface Harness and the metra dash kit for mounting. the wiring harness comes with the cables for back up camera and all of that along with a nav adapter. thoughts?

Sorry if I am asking all of these questions, I am just tired of having to redo things over and over and want to make sure that I have everything that I am supposed to have and knock it all out at once.

to add to the questions: what is the nav adapter going to do if I don't have a navigational unit? or is it part of the ax100? because in the picture, the nav adapter is just a square box. . . . . . .