Radio cuts out

• I have the stock radio and I was running a thumb drive through the USB and every time I honked the horn the radio cuts out and shows No Device on the screen, after a couple of seconds the radio starts up where it left off. Only radio work done was I added some Kicker speakers and bypassed the factory speakers. Have I inadvertently screwed something up?

• I have the stock radio and I was running a thumb drive through the USB and every time I honked the horn the radio cuts out and shows No Device on the screen, after a couple of seconds the radio starts up where it left off. Only radio work done was I added some Kicker speakers and bypassed the factory speakers. Have I inadvertently screwed something up?

They all do it

• I run all my music on a USB memory stick....every once in a while a little bounce will cause it to skip a beat. I running a stock radio and speakers and they work just fine for these $5.00 ears....(hear the system fine going down the road)...don't need a high priced sound system.

• Here is some good for thought:

I had a problem, with my radio re-booting.

This was worsened, as it kept resetting to the US spec. & I live in Britain. I wonder if you may be having a similar problem, but as it defaults to the US settings, you may not notice all the same problems, I found.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Here is some good for thought:

I had a problem, with my radio re-booting.

This was worsened, as it kept resetting to the US spec. & I live in Britain. I wonder if you may be having a similar problem, but as it defaults to the US settings, you may not notice all the same problems, I found.

Sorry Paul...I just cracked up when I read that. Makes some of our problems seam minor. On the positive side ...reading lots of your posts, seams you are enjoying a great toy. Let us know if you are picking up any of our great 'Country Stations' on the FM dial.

• All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• Yep, my USB Nano kicks out when I flip the inner headlights on or off... quirk or design bonus?

Mine does same exact thing as well every time I flip the High Beams to Low beams. But not going from low to high.... ?(
    No other functions (turning lights on/off, blowing horns, etc) cause the connected thumb drive to glitch and start the track currently playing to restart. Just wrote it off as an anomaly.

EDIT & NEWS FLASH!!!!......It just dawned on me that this could be the proof we were all asking for that the hidden "GPS" unit does exist!!! So there it is....slapping us right in the chops!!
    I now believe that once we have located, and removed this elusive unit......our radio glitch will be cured....BAZZINGAAA!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Mine does same exact thing as well every time I flip the High Beams to Low beams. But not going from low to high.... ?( No other functions (turning lights on/off, blowing horns, etc) cause the connected thumb drive to glitch and start the track currently playing to restart. Just wrote it off as an anomaly.

EDIT & NEWS FLASH!!!!......It just dawned on me that this could be the proof we were all asking for that the hidden "GPS" unit does exist!!! So there it is....slapping us right in the chops!!
    I now believe that once we have located, and removed this elusive unit......our radio glitch will be cured....BAZZINGAAA!!!!

Wife and I noticed this also this week. Turn headlights from high to low the iPod plugged into the USB cuts out then Continues on with the song.

• Sorry to revive this old thread but radio is acting up and wondered if anybody might have a fix (other than replace entire unit with after market unit) for this issue. Radio was working fine using USB port other than honking horn which caused the radio to stop playing and show a msg No Device. Now Radio is constantly pauseing and giving that msg. Tried a new thumb drive but still happens alot. Is there a fix or do I have to replace entire unit. As long as i use the usb option i actually enjoyed the radio. I do not have a very discerning ear for music so i never needed a high end radio.

• @exharleyrider, mine kept pausing and bluetooth would go off occasionally. They reflashed the radio, still happened. They ordered new screen unit. Still happened. It's the radio itself. Bakes from the engine heat. They sent a new radio and it was fixed all they way up to my replacing it with a Sony. Gave the radio to someone here today who was having a similar issue with his.

• Thanks for the reply, was worried that was the problem. Now to figure out what to do, have the extended warranty but has the $50.00 deductable to put in what I have or put the money towards an aftermarket unit. Really didn't mind the factory setup since I am not an audiophile anyway.

• sounds like you have a bad head unit .... perhaps not the first to tell you your head isn't right but ...... anyway you might want to contact Slingtunes to see if they have any used originals they replaced that they could sell you cheap or the forum for sale/wanted section

• sounds like you have a bad head unit .... perhaps not the first to tell you your head isn't right but ...... anyway you might want to contact Slingtunes to see if they have any used originals they replaced that they could sell you cheap or the forum for sale/wanted section

You have met me, how can you ask such a question? Of course my head isn't right.